English Writing Tasks (1 Viewer)

iEdd

HSC
Kujah said:
Expecting Band 6 anyone?
I was in science, not in english. Hoping for high eighties in english now, because it was easier than I thought. Science, probably low eighties now.

Deluge

HSC
Lol, it doesn't really matter what you wrote, as long as you sustained your idea and if you used correct punctuation/grammar etc.

I wrote about school multicultural day. It wasn't until after the exam where I found out you could be creative. Silly silly me. LOL. My friend wrote about a bomb - I don't find that very "exciting" LOL. But my other friend talked about this dude who was doing a test and then fell through the school hall on a pile of dinosaur bones.

For the long response, I wrote about how in this golden day and age how we can still draw parallels between Stalin/Hitler societies... Meh... had to go over the page because I didn't want to leave it reading as if I had ended it abruptly...

the leader

HSC
hehe in the school thingo I wrote about how the school had installed new gutters because the old ones had failed a WorkCover inspection and there was a colony of quolls living in them... and there was speculation that the girl who got dux only got it cuz her dad donated the gutters.

My speech kinda rejected that hope and daring idea - I ranted on about how you can't build real or social/diplomatic bridges out of hope or daring. I said you need reinforced concrete, steel, compassion and an interpreter

well we'll see what the markers think about it...

sophiaaah

HSC
i did the morgan high newspaper report section last, and mine was so, incredibly lame. i just spoke about a school environment group winning a bunch of money for being the cleanest school in the state. sooo lame and unoriginal.

i just spoke about tolerance, compassion and acceptance in the extended response one. seriously i tried to be all empowering and persuasive and i kind of fell flat on my face haha. and i ran out of things to say so i stopped repeating myself and finished it with only 1 1/2 pages lol.

dang.

akimoto

HSC
newspaper report i kinda made up my own event, "white tshirt day" were we would wear white t-shirts and write positive comments on it. and the money contributed to the demountables.

i wrote about peace human rights and freedom for the secnod response

sophiaaah

HSC
akimoto said:
newspaper report i kinda made up my own event, "white tshirt day" were we would wear white t-shirts and write positive comments on it.
oh my gosh i just glanced at your post and i thought it said wet tshirt day hahah and i was thinking "um...yeah i guess that would have been an interesting newspaper report..."

frezbo

HSC
The english one wasn't too bad. For the news report thing i wrote about a school band that had been offered a record deal -

oh, and btw guys, apparantly you aren't meant to let the markers know ANYTHING about you or what school you go to or anything (which is why they had a made-up school and name for you), coz otherwise you might be discriminated against. make sure you dont write about your own school, or mention any real names!

for the speech i did a motivational speech. i said the possibilities that were involved with the concept, and then i went on to explain how it was already happening today - with social and regional/global links (haha, geo came in handy). then i said we should make our own personal bridges stronger, and then i said ways that we could do this.

I think teh father in the poem was really precise and pedantic. I think the thing about the Subaru was that the father was saying it didnt drive well coz it was unbalanced, but the poet was being sarcastic - one millimetre lower on one side.

anyway, good luck everyone with tomorrow!!

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
I wrote the school had burned down. I just hope it doesn't happen to my school anytime soon, cause the Board of Studies might make enquiries.

Also, anyone else think the poem was god-awful?

Neil.

HSC
N/A
For building bridges, I just wrote about how we need to join together and hold hands to build bridges and forget about our differences instead of leaving gaps and separating groups of people from other different groups. Just went on about differences and all that crap..

sophiaaah

HSC
i wonder if anyone actually took the image stimulus literally and ignored the 'imagine' text.

i wouldnt put it past some guys i know...

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
For the school one, I wrote about Gretel Killeen visiting the school.

topdeck

HSC
frezbo said:
oh, and btw guys, apparantly you aren't meant to let the markers know ANYTHING about you or what school you go to or anything (which is why they had a made-up school and name for you), coz otherwise you might be discriminated against. make sure you dont write about your own school, or mention any real names!
Would they mark you down heaps if you did? I definatley learned i need to READ the question in these exams lol.

James747

HSC
I dun think you'll get marked down for it, but it's of course better if you did read the question properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)