Enrolling for Japanese (1 Viewer)

Cheezels

Shackled Shadow
HSC
I'm doing enrolling for Commerce/Arts but it's the Arts component I have a question about. I want to do Japanese for the Arts component but I have done HSC Japanese Continuers. My question is this - should I enrol in JAPN1000 for the mean time and wait for my results from the placement test or should I enrol for JAPN2000 before the placement test? I really want to get my timetable done but I don't want to be enrolled in JAPN1000 for semester 1 since I'm already familiar with the content.

chrispycreme

HSC
you can call them up now and find out if u can fill out a form and enrol into intermediate straightaway. this is what i did, i went to the uni and filled a form and got enrolled without having to do the placement test. that's if you're pretty sure intermediate japanese is your level.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
If you completed HSC Japanese Continuers, then all you have to do is bring your HSC Certificate to Student Centre UNSW, and they should be able to enroll you into your desired JAPN course.

If not, and you're a self-learning student, then attend a placement test, it should be held sometime prior and during Semester 1. :)

I think in JAPN1000 introductions Sensei Fukui-sama will say (In japanese of course!) "This is to let you know that this course focuses on really basic Japanese, and if you have some knowledge of the Japanese Language or you've understood what I just said, I would encourage you to apply for a Placement Test)" Then she'll say this in English explaining to all the stricken (first-time Japanese learners) what she said. ;)

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
I rang up the school of Japanese Studies and the lady said to just enroll in JAPN1000 and see how JAPN2000 fits in your timetable as well. I was anxious that some lectures / tutes would fill up and leave me with a clashing timetable but she said not to worry and they'll sort it out. Just worried I'm going to end up with 9am - 8pm days which will not help work timetable at all :S

disko

Working Class Hero
HSC
I seem to have enrolled in japn2000. I have already done over a year of japanese at university but am transferring to unsw and haven't got advanced standing yet (which only creates a different problem, trying to enrol in 36u needed courses...)

sxcnerdgirl

Aussie Aussie Aussie
HSC
I did Japanese Continuers in the HSC and i've enrolled in Jap communication 2a.. is that right? Is it true that i dont have to take the placement test? Can i just bring in my higher school certificate as proof??? cause that'd be pretty good...

karoooh

HSC
For JAPN1000, what does it mean by "Lecture Sequence 1 of 2"?

When's sequence 2 supposed to be on, in S1 or is it for S2?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
The same lecture is presented twice in one week, in case you can't make one time. Choose one of them.

leski

HSC
i enrolled in JPAN 1000 and squeezed all my classes in two days. If i passed the replacement test on 22/02, do i have to swap to JPAN 2000? It's hard to re-do a timetable.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yes you will have to swap if you wish to continue with japanese.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)