Enrollment Day????? (1 Viewer)

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
Hey everyone,

just a few questions about the enrollment days....

Are you suppossed to have a draft timetable worked out before you go and know what subjects you want to do? Or do you just go, find someone and work it all out then?? whats the best way to do it?

Also do your parents usually come with you or are you on your own??

Thanks for your help!!!!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Jess_L said:
Hey everyone,

just a few questions about the enrollment days....

Are you suppossed to have a draft timetable worked out before you go and know what subjects you want to do? Or do you just go, find someone and work it all out then?? whats the best way to do it?

Also do your parents usually come with you or are you on your own??

Thanks for your help!!!!
You just go in a choose subjects. If you want to be organised you can have a draft timetable worked out so you choose subjects more wisely. But it doesn't matter really. Just choose some subjects. You'll have plenty of time between enrolment and start of session to change it to something else if you want.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I had my subjects chosen and ready for the adviser to look over and give me the ok. Saved me half an hour of waiting in line for a consultation.

And my mummy came along :D

Ninga

HSC
I went by myself. I enrolled by myself. All my subjects bar a single elective were already chosen for me, and when i went to enrol they sent me to the director of studies of physics to help me pick the last one. Enrolment took me about half an hour. But I had late round enrolment as opposed to main round enrolment, so it was a little quieter when i went :)

Happy enrolling!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Took about 3 hours for me cos there was a little bit of waiting around, huge lineup for id card photos, and then had to jump on a comp and enrol, then SOLS tutorial, then wait for id card to be ready.

Aussiechick

HSC
I had a draft timetable ready as well, it saved time, and certainly took the stress out of the day. I felt quite prepared compared to my friends. I went alone, but I met up with friends when I got there. I don't think it took too long, maybe an hour or so?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
You don't need a timetable worked out but you should know how many electives you need to choose and have the subject codes for them ready. That way you can skip the presentation they give and go straight to the computer labs and enrol.

Once you log on the subjects you have to do should already be there. You just need to add the subject codes for the electives you have chosen and then you are done. Just get your photo taken and collect your ID and you can go home.

Last edited:

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
ok sounds good I think i will work out what I can so it is less stressful im already worried enough about everything!!!!
So the majority of people go by themselves so your parents don't come with you???
I live about 6 hours away so driving there by myself is a bit scary but i spose i will have to do it eventually. I dont know whether to bring my dad with me or not I dont want to the only one there with a parent but at the same time i don't want to turn up by myself when I could have brought someone with me, if I work it all out before I go I really shouldnt need anyone to come with me!!!! Any advice??????

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Jess_L said:
ok sounds good I think i will work out what I can so it is less stressful im already worried enough about everything!!!!
So the majority of people go by themselves so your parents don't come with you???
I live about 6 hours away so driving there by myself is a bit scary but i spose i will have to do it eventually. I dont know whether to bring my dad with me or not I dont want to the only one there with a parent but at the same time i don't want to turn up by myself when I could have brought someone with me, if I work it all out before I go I really shouldnt need anyone to come with me!!!! Any advice??????
Bring parents if you feel uncomfortable going alone. Hell, bring friends with you if you want.

Most people go alone, but they usually feel as insecure as you do, and so wont point and laugh at you a-la third grade soccer. As far as I know there are no restrictions in place, so the staff wont exactly tell them to go away either.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
You don't need anyone with you. It isn't difficult at all.

You go and collect information at the location you have been told. You can then go to the course information presentation or skip it and go direct to the computer labs. At the computer labs you enrol using SOLS. It is pretty straighforward. Then you get a picture taken in the next room, collect your ID card and diary and other random stuff and then you are done.

You should be given a piece of paper with all this information on it at the first place you go.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
this enrolement crap is only for 2nd years right?

what happens for people just starting at uow, is it like as soon as we get an offer run and go enrole? or is there a seperate enrolement for us 2005ers?

Ninga

HSC
This enrolment crap is for you first years. Wait till you get your offer letter, if you get one. It will have instructions on this in there.

When you get to 2nd year and above you generally re enrol online. Why the heck would we need a 2nd id card? Happy enrolling!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Serius said:
this enrolement crap is only for 2nd years right?

what happens for people just starting at uow, is it like as soon as we get an offer run and go enrole? or is there a seperate enrolement for us 2005ers?
For people just starting you have to:
- accept offer through UAC and wait for letter
- go to uni at the time you have been given on the day you have been given
- collect your information
- go to a lecture room for course information talk
- go to computers are enrol
- get photo taken and collect ID

For people going back for their 2nd, 3rd etc years:
- enrol online from home

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ahh i get it now

sounds simple , with these things i usually just go with the crowd, someone tells me what to do and i follow.... odd that people are worried about it and wanting to bring their parents, iam sure there will be hundreds of posters up instructing us to go to hope theatre or wherever and from there some lady with a megaphone standing on a chair will bellow directions at me

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ahhh someone from wollongong is still online

can someone please tell me what all the awards UoW recently got were? i rememeber from the evenings i went when they tried to sell the idea of coing to UoW, we got a 5 star rating for teaching, and a heap of others

i cant remember anything else though and their site isnt being 2 helpful and i need to justify why i want to go to UoW

i already have like, nice campus, its close, good social... and i was gonna say best uni, but i need to justify that

ty in advance :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
there is a webpage on the UOW site that has it all on there, I was reading it just the other day. If you look hard enough, its one of the links there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)