Enrolment (1 Viewer)

jpr333

HSC
Since i was with the pre-05' 25% increase in HECS fees rate, I'm told I will be paying HECS unbder the current higher rate with my course transfer (from commerce (liberal studies) to commerce). Seems kinda unfair for a almost mere technicality whereas commerce/arts students dropping half of their degree wont change (i think?) ><.

quik.

HSC
I'm just wondering what kind of fees are compulsory at enrollment?

From what I've read you're able to cover tuition fees with HECS and the student contribution with something else, is this correct?

I'm also wondering if I join USyd Sports, does this cover gym access at the Cumberland campus? Or only the gyms around Camperdown?

If there's anything else that is compulsory to be paid at enrollment, please fill me in :] Also anything that is simply conveniant / handy ?

Thanks!

KarmaKitten

HSC
You can just call the hotline and theyll help with all the questions

you dont have to pay antyhing at all, you can pay as much as you want.

just call them and theyll explain it properly

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
I'm going to the PNR building =o

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
With regards to units of study, do we tell them what we plan to study in both semesters or just semester 1?
Yes....I am confused as well....:(

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Trebla said:
With regards to units of study, do we tell them what we plan to study in both semesters or just semester 1?
Yes....I am confused as well....:(
Both semesters, although you can change online afterwards.

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
Triangulum said:
Both semesters, although you can change online afterwards.
How long did enrolment take?

gelina

HSC
30-45 minutes approx.

Depending on whether you've got your units all decided.
One hour max unless you're REALLY indecisive.

Bob.

HSC
it took me almost an hour and a half to enroll, but then again i turned up without any course codes or anythign so i was repeadly going back to the helpers getting the different codes i needed. enrolling was a bitch.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I skipped through a lot of the stuff because I'm just transferring within USyd, so I didn't need a student card or anything, and since I'm putting the student contribution on HECS, I didn't need to pay anything either.

One thing I was unhappy about was that I couldn't see them handing out goody bags like they did last year. Promotional can of Coke Zero, Uni diary, O-week info, I liked that stuff.

..:''ooo

HSC
this could be a stupid question,,, but last year when i enrolled i took my TFN and applied for HECS loan thing, but they still charged me 600 dollars for enrollment fee or some shit? it looks like no one in this forum paid that kind of money. can somone explain?? btw i got my 600 back cuz i deferred but returning this year , do i have to pay that money again?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Triangulum said:
I am. Three hours round-trip on a train, hooray!
lol yep i know the feeling...2 hours travel each way, fuck :s lol. but it'll be worth it i guess. :) i'm enrolling on thursday, anyone else from here doing it then?

Mel_b

HSC
..:''ooo said:
this could be a stupid question,,, but last year when i enrolled i took my TFN and applied for HECS loan thing, but they still charged me 600 dollars for enrollment fee or some shit? it looks like no one in this forum paid that kind of money. can somone explain?? btw i got my 600 back cuz i deferred but returning this year , do i have to pay that money again?
scarybunny said:
One thing I was unhappy about was that I couldn't see them handing out goody bags like they did last year. Promotional can of Coke Zero, Uni diary, O-week info, I liked that stuff.
..:"ooo , those were probably union/src fees, which aren't compulsory this year.

I imagine the fact that union membership isn't compulsory is the reason that the union wasn't just giving out stuff this year - they don't have the money anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)