Enrolment! (1 Viewer)

simonkey

HSC
Hey im doing eng/sci at UNSW

When i enrolled i had to choose my engineering but i couldnt choose my science major. After finishing part 1, i exited to check my details.

I checked my details and the plan was computer science which i didnt choose. Is this right? Can i choose my science major at a later stage of enrolment?

Last edited:

Morbo

HSC
Are you sure you weren't offered B Eng/B Comp Sci?

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah if i were you, i'd just enrol in the first semester engineering subjects (theyd be pretty much the same as science anyway: maths, physics, etc); and then at some stage during first semester speak to someone in the engineering office and they'll fix it

Morbo

HSC
You don't choose your science major when you enrol. You'll have to look at the UNSW handbook and look at which courses you need to complete in order for you to major in a field. All you need to do is fill out a form at the Science Student Centre (I think it's the Robert Webster Building) specifying what your major is and they will check that you have completed or are completing the required courses for that major. You can do this at any time during your degree, whether you do this first year or last year it doesn't matter. Keep in mind most science majors will require you to do more courses that those specified in the B Eng/B Sci degree plan (I think you get 11 or 12 science electives) so you need to check that as well. You don't have to follow the plan exactly so whatever suits you I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)