Enterprise Computing and Software Engineering. (1 Viewer)

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, I have to decide what subjects I want to do in yr11 in October and I'm not 100% sure on what to do. I'm already set on maths, english, accelerated ipt and am planning to do enterprise computing and software engineering. Which are both new subjects, which is why I'm scared I might not excel in them since I can't rely on past papers and have heard from my ipt teacher that they're both a lot harder than ipt and sdd. I want to do engineering at usyd or unsw, and have a goal of 98+ atar minimum and don't know if I should risk it or not.

wizzkids

HSC
In order to provide subject advice, we need to know your career direction. You said you want to enrol in engineering, but you didn't say which discipline.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
In order to provide subject advice, we need to know your career direction. You said you want to enrol in engineering, but you didn't say which discipline.
software

dav53521

HSC
I would say that the software engineering subject can help especially if it teaches you how to properly code. It does look a bit difficult in some areas but as it has not been taught I'm not too sure on how deep they'll look into these topics. Plus it'll also have a major work which will be time consuming.

However, it is possible to teach yourself to program so if you truly are scared of not meeting your ATAR goal because of software engineering then you can choose to skip it and teach yourself. But I would say that you should give both subjects a try and if you don't like them or feel like they're gonna drag your ATAR down then you can just drop them and choose other subjects.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
I would say that the software engineering subject can help especially if it teaches you how to properly code. It does look a bit difficult in some areas but as it has not been taught I'm not too sure on how deep they'll look into these topics. Plus it'll also have a major work which will be time consuming.

However, it is possible to teach yourself to program so if you truly are scared of not meeting your ATAR goal because of software engineering then you can choose to skip it and teach yourself. But I would say that you should give both subjects a try and if you don't like them or feel like they're gonna drag your ATAR down then you can just drop them and choose other subjects.
thank you so much !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)