Entry and IPT at UNSW (1 Viewer)

EMKsquared

HSC
Hey so I recently got my ATAR and HSC results and unfortunately did not do as well as I wanted. The course I would like to do is Advanced science/Engineering dual degree, but I can only get into Bachelor of Science, and with a double major in Phyics and Maths. Now I have looked at the course outlines and all necessary subjects for the Adv science and engo course for semester 1 can be done in the Science course I mentioned earlier, now given I get necessary marks will I be able to transfer by second semester into that degree assuming it has spaces? Or will I have to wait till the year is out? And another question are my subject choices restricted in anyway in normal science in comparison to advanced or can I do as difficult subjects as I want! Thanks in advance!!

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
You have to wait a year before you can apply for IPT, and must maintain a WAM of 70 (which isn't that difficult) if you want to transfer over to Advanced Science / Engineering.

Yes, you can still do advanced science courses in the normal Bachelor of Science.

D94

HSC
N/A
https://student.unsw.edu.au/ipt

You will need above 70 WAM and completed at least 36 UOC (since 24 UOC per semester is typical, you will need to complete at least 1 year before you can apply to transfer).

You should definitely choose overlapping courses.

EMKsquared

HSC
So I was looking into it and for Bachelor of science I can choose 2 6 unit of credit courses for the first two semesters, but can't seem to find a list anywhere, does this mean I can choose certain engineering subjects? Or am i restricted?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
So I was looking into it and for Bachelor of science I can choose 2 6 unit of credit courses for the first two semesters, but can't seem to find a list anywhere, does this mean I can choose certain engineering subjects? Or am i restricted?
Look st the major u want to do there are core courses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)