entry to girraween in year 11 (1 Viewer)

riya03

HSC
I've been both to Pre-Uni and James An five years ago in order to prepare for the Selective test in Year 6, and I was well-prepared but luck wasn't with me as I was sick a few days before the test, unfortunately. So whilst doing the test, I had no idea about what I was circling for the MC, and I wasnt accepted.

Anyways, I'm trying once again this year...wow, thats nice, but I'm not particularly interested in Penrith..I'm mainly aiming for Girra or Baulko, but Penrith will also do...you should still consider yourself to be lucky because your school is ranked #45 and my school in #257...its a big difference!

hmm, I'm also going to take tutoring but not private tutoring...they don't provide material to study for..I think I'll be joining a coaching academy.

Last edited:

infatuated-x3

Procrastinator
HSC
yeah same here, im also aiming for girra and baulko. does baulko make a new class in year 11 like girra? i heard they do.

well yeah, everyone has different learning needs and stuff :) not all tutors can cater for everyone so i hope your new tutor can help you =)

riya03

HSC
I don't think Baulkham Hills does...doesn't mention it on their website..however, it would be great if they do ;)

haha thanks, but I'm sure I'll be joining either Pre-Uni or James An.

Just out of curiousity, I wonder who else is visiting the thread? Its recieved more than 200+ views! haha

infatuated-x3

Procrastinator
HSC
yeah thats what i thought. but my friend told me they make an extra class. or maybe that was just to encourage me to try out haha.

lol yeah im wondering too :haha:

riya03

HSC
Well, to confirm whether its true or not, you can always make a call to the school and clarify your questions.

haha...well, its was good talking to someone who understands how I feel because none of my friends are interested in applying for Selective. I can't wait till September to find out the outcome..I really hope I'm selected. Wishing you all the best :)

infatuated-x3

Procrastinator
HSC
thanks for the luck :) i need it for when the test comes haha
and best wishes to you too ! fingers crossed we'll both be accepted to girra or baulko =)
it was good talking to someone who actually bothered to listen and understand lol

riya03

HSC
Thanks a bunch! That would be wonderful if we were, but all I can say is try your best because their will be many applicants this year...and the thought of that frightens me even though we have 6 months remaining :D

Just wondering..how are u going to prepare for the test? Just take coaching?

infatuated-x3

Procrastinator
HSC
yeah we might even meet each other one day :)

yeah coaching and i'll probably end up buying those excel workbooks for english cos im kinda struggling. how about you? same thing?

riya03

HSC
haha hope so :p

yeah something along those lines...but it'll be hard trying to keep up with school work and achieve high marks..I'm still trying to work out how I'm going to achieve the same reports as last year..it'll be difficult.

infatuated-x3

Procrastinator
HSC
yeah true. i think i'll have to sacrifice some msn and tv time :( i just hope its worth the good h/y report and good test results. anyways, once again, best of luck !

Last edited:

nesco49

HSC
haha, one of my friends who also attends Girraween was surprised when I told her school takes a test in order to be enrolled.

Yes, so its a class of 25 students..but because each year a bunch of people move from Girra to Baulko, so that must create more vacancies? So, I'm supposing there will be vacancies from somewhat 25 seats to 30.

Thanks for the wishes :)
Is this actually true because i got reserve no. 3 and idk when to wait for them to call me up. was there a date when they do? because apparantly around five are going to baulko im just waiting

nesco49

HSC
Is this actually true because i got reserve no. 3 and idk when to wait for them to call me up. was there a date when they do? because apparantly around five are going to baulko im just waiting
its okay i got the call the other day!!! im so excited yall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)