• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Environmental careers (2 Viewers)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Evilo said:
When you're hired under contract you can't demand anything like that - you can negotiate, but you have to sacrifice shit. If you don't like the money, then you don't apply for the job - pretty fucking simple.
I am aware of this. I have no idea what contractors get paid, and if it is decent or not.

However, there are a lot of jobs outside contracting, and to say there isn't reasonable money or career prospects, especially in government, is wrong. The only contractors I've known were guys in their first few years out of uni. A few years as a contractor will open up good oportunities.

I think my deconstruction of wuddies post was pretty fair. He has the right of reply, but chose not to do so.

Even if Wuddie has a point, it's only by chance. I wouldn't pretend I could give advice to a student considering civil engineering, he should stick to what he knows.

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Evilo said:
When you're hired under contract you can't demand anything like that - you can negotiate, but you have to sacrifice shit. If you don't like the money, then you don't apply for the job - pretty fucking simple.
The irony of you defending Wuddie here is that his post gives the impression that being employed as a contractor for "big corporate companies" is when you'll start making "the real money."

So what you've unintentional posted here is an arguement against Wuddies post.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)