Environmental Peace!? (1 Viewer)

Grey Matter

HSC
My class' teacher, being left-field (as she is), decided to include an additional 'type' of peace; 'environmental peace' *groan*. This, of course is not mentioned in the syllabus & seems to be a waste of my time.

However, I don't know if I should mention it at all or not. I think it might attract attention from the markers in a good way, but don't want to waste too much precious time.

So, whaddaya think?

KeepHoldingOn

HSC
Just go for it!
Study the key points on environmental peace and make a short summary of these points, you never know if it will be in the exam or if it won't. The markers may applaud you for furthering your knowledge.

good luck studying :D
xx

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
umm...no...and ignore the above advice as its so wrong..the markers wont applaud you for furthering your knowledge..they will 'mark you as wrong' (noting the ' ') as you wont have answered/addressed the question

Its not in the syllabus, nor does it fit in anywhere into the syllabus so just focus on what you need to know

KeepHoldingOn

HSC
i said nothing on relation to a question
its common sense that if the question has
nothing to do to with environmental peace then don't mention

if it's not in the syllabus then that's fine don't study it
its your choice

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
KeepHoldingOn said:
i said nothing on relation to a question
its common sense that if the question has
nothing to do to with environmental peace then don't mention

its your choice

The question wont have anything to do with environmental peace as there is no such thing as environmental peace in the syllabus .: advising him/her to "just go for it" is (as I said) is the wrong advice to give...

what you said (my emphasis)
Just go for it!
Study the key points on environmental peace and make a short summary of these points, you never know if it will be in the exam or if it won't. The markers may applaud you for furthering your knowledge.

good luck studying
Its not a matter of being "his/her" choice...you have given bad advice and I corrected you
...how can you study (or why would you bother studying) something if its not in the syllabus?

Its good that you wish to help but please, dont give advise on things that may impact on someone now or later on if you dont know what you are talking about

KeepHoldingOn

HSC
That's fair enough
your point is made :D
and i respect your opinion
people make mistakes and i acknowledge that my advice was probably useless
i just thought i would help the kid

oh...and i should probably talk to my teacher about environmental peace
because we studied that in class and she said there is a possibility of it being
in the exams... lol

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
KeepHoldingOn said:
That's fair enough
your point is made :D
and i respect your opinion
people make mistakes and i acknowledge that my advice was probably useless
i just thought i would help the kid

oh...and i should probably talk to my teacher about environmental peace
because we studied that in class and she said there is a possibility of it being
in the exams... lol
you may want to clarify what she means... she may have meant environmental ethics (which they wont directly ask for as its one of three options in the RTDS)

Sounds like your teacher may need to actually re-read the syllabus!

Environmental peace..... *rolls eyes*

Are you both from the same school? (seems strange thats all)

KeepHoldingOn

HSC
No i'm pretty sure we go to separate schools
it wasn't environmental ethics but we did this as well
it was environmental peace
and it was her first year teaching
she probably didn't know that it wasn't in the syllabus
so might let her off with it =]

maddie01

HSC
I'm doing Islam and Christianity and for these we have done peace with God, Self, Others and Creation. I don't know if thats what you mean, but that's just how we have done it.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Interesting interpreations of teh syllabus.....wonder if they went to an inservice and it was mentioned as a possibility as its clearly not in the syllabus...

Grey Matter

HSC
maddie01 said:
I'm doing Islam and Christianity and for these we have done peace with God, Self, Others and Creation. I don't know if thats what you mean, but that's just how we have done it.
I never agreed with our teacher on 'Creation', since I looked & it didn't seem to fit. I lost marks in my asessments because of it. :mad: Oh well, I might be able to make use of the info by putting it under Peace within Society (environment belongs to everyone). I thought Gail was a little off-mark, I just needed confirmation. Thanks. It'll save time & space on those essays that would otherwise be wasted.

Grey Matter

HSC
KeepHoldingOn said:
No i'm pretty sure we go to separate schools
I think so too. I'm in Maddie's class, & my teacher is certainly not new. Eccentric, but not new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)