epidemiological studies of lung cancer? (1 Viewer)

gg1994

HSC
N/A
we have an assignment where we have to gather information about two epidemiological studies of lung cancer. see the thing is we have just started a search for better health and are no where near the epidemiology section. and i don't know what they mean by two studies...like smoking leading to cancer? can you give me two examples? like what are they? does anyone have any notes or assignments on this they are willing to share? thanks

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
we have an assignment where we have to gather information about two epidemiological studies of lung cancer. see the thing is we have just started a search for better health and are no where near the epidemiology section. and i don't know what they mean by two studies...like smoking leading to cancer? can you give me two examples? like what are they? does anyone have any notes or assignments on this they are willing to share? thanks
When I did Biology, my very first assignment was on Biotechnology, which we didn't start properly till more than 2 terms later!

Epidemiology is essentially the study of the general health of a population (or trends ie: high % of people with asthma) and finding the CAUSE or the INFLUENCE for it.

So suppose I was looking at a particular area had a very high % of people with say asthma and I discovered that the town had a high population of people working in the mines because the town is situated near one, then that would be an epidemiological study.

Many epidemiological studies have been conducted regarding lung cancer. The most obvious choice would be to look at the number of smokers, but what about other factors which may cause lung cancer ie: asbestos or Radon gas..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)