Equilbrium Graphs URGENT (1 Viewer)

tmkarp

HSC
Has anyone here ever been asked to actually draw equilibrium graphs based on data provided in an internal exam? Or is it just interpreting them that we need to know

Drsoccerball

HSC
Has anyone here ever been asked to actually draw equilibrium graphs based on data provided in an internal exam? Or is it just interpreting them that we need to know
wth is an equilibrium graph?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
They may ask you to graph the effect of increasing concentration of a certain reactant/product, etc.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I don't know any of that. Someone care to help us out here? please?
Check out Conquering Chemistry, Chemistry Contexts or Jacaranda Chemistry; you should find examples there and you should know how to interpret these graphs (i.e. Where is the point of equilibrium, where is the new equilibrium established after adding a reactant, etc.)

Ekman

HSC
I was asked a 6 marker on one from my previous chem task

Silly Sausage

HSC
That's titration m9
well fk lol

in that case then yeah they might ask you to graph it. It's basically like 2U maths were you predict curves for rates of change but you also have to take into account Le Chatelier's principle.

tmkarp

HSC
Do they have to accurately account for changes in concentration of one thing? Or is it just the general shape and whether you decrease/increase certain species that they look for?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Do they have to accurately account for changes in concentration of one thing? Or is it just the general shape and whether you decrease/increase certain species that they look for?
It doesn't have to be accurate; just a general shape

I had a multiple choice question for trials where they showed an equilibrium reaction and below they had three equilibrium curves; two for reactants and one for the product.

There were 4 letters A, B, C and D where we would have to look at the graph and interpret what happened at each of these points, such as whether temperature was increased/decreased (It was for Haber process so you needed to know whether it was exothermic or endothermic), concentration of a certain species was decreased/increased, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)