Equity Scholarship? (1 Viewer)

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Argh I am confused.
I doubt you guys will be able to help me, but I thought I'd try. (Also sorry if this thread is in the wrong section? Another mod can move :p )

I've been offered a scholarship for $4000/year for UOW. But I really want to go to USyd and I wasn't offered anything. (Not doing anything fancy, just Arts or Arts Adv Honours).

Now I know I shouldn't base my decision solely on the financial aspect, but it would really help me justify choosing USyd when UOW is literally a thirty second walk from where I live now.

I've applied for the Equity Scholarships thing through UAC, but they don't release it until January 24th which is after the final preferences are due, so I'd have to decline the UOW scholarship to risk getting nothing at all. (I know, this is sounding confusing...)

Anyway I was just wondering, does anyone know of anyone who has gotten an Equity Schol, and what their situation was? I know this stuff is sort of personal, but you can be anonymous/vague/pm-me?

It's just, I have no idea if I even have a chance, and USyd can't give me any indication whatsoever. I'm just on Youth Allowance (Atar was 99.1) and I was just curious as to whether they base it more on Atar or do they rank you according to need?

If anyone could explain how it works, or knows anything at all, that would be wonderous. : )

dp624

HSC
Argh I am confused.
I doubt you guys will be able to help me, but I thought I'd try. (Also sorry if this thread is in the wrong section? Another mod can move :p )

I've been offered a scholarship for $4000/year for UOW. But I really want to go to USyd and I wasn't offered anything. (Not doing anything fancy, just Arts or Arts Adv Honours).

Now I know I shouldn't base my decision solely on the financial aspect, but it would really help me justify choosing USyd when UOW is literally a thirty second walk from where I live now.

I've applied for the Equity Scholarships thing through UAC, but they don't release it until January 24th which is after the final preferences are due, so I'd have to decline the UOW scholarship to risk getting nothing at all. (I know, this is sounding confusing...)

Anyway I was just wondering, does anyone know of anyone who has gotten an Equity Schol, and what their situation was? I know this stuff is sort of personal, but you can be anonymous/vague/pm-me?

It's just, I have no idea if I even have a chance, and USyd can't give me any indication whatsoever. I'm just on Youth Allowance (Atar was 99.1) and I was just curious as to whether they base it more on Atar or do they rank you according to need?

If anyone could explain how it works, or knows anything at all, that would be wonderous. : )
It's based on financial need (high UAI didn't factor into mine, i think), I applied for one under comparable circumstances to which you've divulged and was not awarded one. There are actually only a few awarded afaik, though ymmv.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Ergh, damn that's a shame that your UAI didn't factor in, I was sort of hoping they would go off a combination of need/Atar.

Thanks for letting me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)