• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ernst & Young (3 Viewers)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
does anyone know when they actually inform people whether they are offered a cadetships/traineeship at Ernst & Young of Pricewaterhouse Coopers? Surely they dont wait until the HSC results are in?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Meads said:
does anyone know when they actually inform people whether they are offered a cadetships/traineeship at Ernst & Young of Pricewaterhouse Coopers? Surely they dont wait until the HSC results are in?
No you'll know before your exams start I think.

is a roflcopter
HSC
haha have you heard of the EY song ?
i bet they make you sing it before work starts ;)

ishq

brown?
HSC
They inform you within 3 days of the interview day. Then, you're given some time to sign the contract.

I got a phone call on my home phone but no email.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
wow, they do it quickly...do you know what university you must go to as part of the traineeship? What area are you applying for ishq? Corporate Tax or the other one? What are some of the major factors you got going for you?

ishq

brown?
HSC
Meads said:
wow, they do it quickly...do you know what university you must go to as part of the traineeship? What area are you applying for ishq? Corporate Tax or the other one? What are some of the major factors you got going for you?
I'm going for either UNSW or UTS - most probably UTS as they have the most flexible part time study structure.
I'm going for Audit - I think its the best starting ground for someone like me - no commerce/accounting experience whatsoever.
The major factor? MONEY!!! A good job, excellent experience and resources. A great environment to study CA :D:D:D
How about you?
Have you applied to/going to apply to the Co-op scholarship BAcc Course at UTS?
Did you get the PwC application? I got pretty confused by it (maybe it was my brain working overtime). Especially the word limits etc.

HSC
N/A
i didn't get a reply

I applied for ey and pwc but i still havn't got any replies. I did put alot of effort into it (well to some extent), but maybe i am not good enough. For the people who got a reply, what made you guys stand out? lots of Extracurricular activities? or a lot of sucking up to the firm? =p

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
ishq said:
I'm going for either UNSW or UTS - most probably UTS as they have the most flexible part time study structure.
I'm going for Audit - I think its the best starting ground for someone like me - no commerce/accounting experience whatsoever.
The major factor? MONEY!!! A good job, excellent experience and resources. A great environment to study CA :D:D:D
How about you?
Have you applied to/going to apply to the Co-op scholarship BAcc Course at UTS?
Did you get the PwC application? I got pretty confused by it (maybe it was my brain working overtime). Especially the word limits etc.
I applied for corporate tax, i wanted to do Transaction Advisory Services, but it is not offered in Sydney, but hopefully i can branch into that, as I'm interested in corporate law, rather than accounting.
I think getting one of these cadetships would be a great start in a career, especially with such respected companies...I'm still waiting to here from PwC though...
Yes the PwC application was screwed, very difficult to follow, and the CHARACTER limits shitted me...
As the young lady said, what makes you look good? You a dux? I'm not overly academic, i just hammer the extra curricular...lol

pete_mate

HSC
im in for pwc, there's an informaiton evening this week, wondering what to wear

also wondering what the tests are gonna be like too

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
It seems I missed out for PwC, although i just realised this afternoon that the eligibility details specifically said that they were looking for people studying a single degree majoring in accounting...meaning that it was a stupid idea for me to stipulate in my cover letter that i want to do a double degree with no major in accountancy :S oh well at least it allows me to focus on EY, which i would prefer to work for, not as large so easier to get to the top :p

ishq

brown?
HSC
Meads said:
It seems I missed out for PwC, although i just realised this afternoon that the eligibility details specifically said that they were looking for people studying a single degree majoring in accounting...meaning that it was a stupid idea for me to stipulate in my cover letter that i want to do a double degree with no major in accountancy :S oh well at least it allows me to focus on EY, which i would prefer to work for, not as large so easier to get to the top :p
I got in for PwC! *little dance of excitement*
God! The CHARACTER limits were bloody pissing off - I called their helpline and made all their phone-answering people confused too - I must have done something right!:D

Ernst&Young is this Friday - Just checked my email - like pete said, I have nothing to wear :D
I got an sms from KPMG - did you guys apply for it?

I went for a couple of small ones too - because I was sure the Big4/Big3 were way out of my league ... where have you guys got to go? Are you wearing school uniform? Are you taking your resume (sheesh - size 14 font) or certificates or reports?
Please help!
And good luck!

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
ishq said:
God! The CHARACTER limits were bloody pissing off - I called their helpline and made all their phone-answering people confused too - I must have done something right!:D

Ernst&Young is this Friday - Just checked my email - like pete said, I have nothing to wear :D

I went for a couple of small ones too - because I was sure the Big4/Big3 were way out of my league ... where have you guys got to go? Are you wearing school uniform? Are you taking your resume (sheesh - size 14 font) or certificates or reports?
Please help!
And good luck!
well your just a traineeship slut aren't you! bonking all the bitchs! lol...I'm only down for EY, and I'm wearing uniform, mainly cause it has got badges on it...i got my interview on Monday, anyone gonna see me there?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
ishq said:

Please help!
And good luck!
lol, specify clearly, u only got it for the interview not the job -_-"

know_it_all

does ne1 no exactly what kinda things they could possibly ask on the written essay... is it gona b one of those PwC type qs bout life's challenges...or where do i see myself in 100 yrs...?

ishq

brown?
HSC
theone123 said:
lol, specify clearly, u only got it for the interview not the job -_-"
There is an extremely slim chance that I am going to get the job - so I'm reassuring myself with this :D.

babee_blu_eyez = written essay - I'm going to ask around on Wednesday (?) to see what the questions are like.

My school uniform is badgeless! Damn Public Schools!

VLTURBO

HSC
i got a call from PwC, BDO and KPMG, i think ill prob wear a suit cause it says corporate atire. whats this about an essay? i must not have got into that one. does anyone know how many interviews there are?

know_it_all

PwC called me this morn...but cos i stipulated on my cover sheet that i wana do combined law, they sed if u get accepted, obv u cant do law... but i sed i was still interested so we;ll c wat happens

Pwc says bring a calculator...do we need one for EY?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
I recall having to sit a test where you were given a company's financial statement. You had to compare their prior year /w current year & read the additional info given. Based on this information, you were asked to list questions you would ask the client regarding anything that seemed a little suss to you.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
babee_blu_eyez said:
PwC called me this morn...but cos i stipulated on my cover sheet that i wana do combined law, they sed if u get accepted, obv u cant do law... but i sed i was still interested so we;ll c wat happens

Pwc says bring a calculator...do we need one for EY?
You could still do it if you wanted to ... I know of people who are (at other firms). It's quite a bit of work & it will take longer to graduate but if you're doin comm/law you're prepared for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)