• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Has anybody heard of somebody having their cadetship denied because of a poor HSC result? I am actually concerned about this for myself...lol.

shiroangel

akaNiCoL3
HSC
yea....apparently, if u dont get into a bachelor of business/commerce/economics course majoring in accounting then ur contract becomes void.....and most companies prefer if u go to the top 3 unis (unsw, uts, macq)....

gd luck anyway!

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
i dont believe in there being any top uni's at all...EY actually in theory let a cadet study anywhere...as long as they are doing the right course.

HSC
N/A
Meads said:
EY actually in theory let a cadet study anywhere...as long as they are doing the right course.
then what are you worried about then?

you can always get in to uws right? i think they have a cut off of 70 something for business.
you can get 70 somthing right?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
holla back girl said:
then what are you worried about then?

you can always get in to uws right? i think they have a cut off of 70 something for business.
you can get 70 somthing right?
well you see, it is only in theory...you have to be practical about it, the uni has to run night classes, and i have to be able to get there from the city in time...its not as if EY will give me a whole day off for uni, i think it is only 6 hours a week or something. But who knows, I could always negotiate. lol

know_it_all

hey...
has ne1 here who signed the double degree contract decided they'll probably jst take the single degree contract

regardless of whether u get the UAI here,when i went to uni open days.. ppl were like its impossible to handle a double and a cadetship
n i no the ppl we met said they had no problems... but u no..

thoughts?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
babee_blu_eyez said:
hey...
has ne1 here who signed the double degree contract decided they'll probably jst take the single degree contract

regardless of whether u get the UAI here,when i went to uni open days.. ppl were like its impossible to handle a double and a cadetship
n i no the ppl we met said they had no problems... but u no..

thoughts?
I never actually met anybody that was doing a double degree...but i always anticipated it to be hard. In saying this, if you really want to do it, then put in the yards and do it. I am sure it will be worth it.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The double degree thing seems to be what attracted ppl from my school into doing EY cadetships (as opposed to PwC/KPMG). They also seem to be tax people~

know_it_all

seremify007 said:
They have part time- but only during the day time... I'm still tossing up between UTS and UNSW >_>
yeh one of the reasons i chose ey over pwc was the double degree thing
i duno now, seems like a heavy task..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sure you can do it, and besides it'll pay off in the long run. =] If you are aiming for a double degree course which requires a high UAI, and you've managed to put in all the hard work now, I'm sure you'll be fine during your double degree. Which division are you in (EY) again?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
seremify007 said:
The double degree thing seems to be what attracted ppl from my school into doing EY cadetships (as opposed to PwC/KPMG). They also seem to be tax people~
the reason you find most of them are tax people is because the other areas do not really allow for a law degree to be undertaken, they would not be beneficial for areas like audit or assurance. Whereas the tax area does require considerable knowledge of the laws, etc.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
One girl from my school wants to do her PwC cadetship with a Double Degree though.. not sure if they are allowing it. So you're planning to do single or double degree meads?

know_it_all

seremify007 said:
One girl from my school wants to do her PwC cadetship with a Double Degree though.. not sure if they are allowing it. So you're planning to do single or double degree meads?
i turned pwc on the basis they didnt offer doubles
n i told them that

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I have had plans to do a double degree, and that is the contract I signed...however that hope slowly erodes as I study less and less. lol.

At the PwC info night, they were all so 'anti-double-degree', every employee would tell me how useless it is and gave me 101 reasons why that dont support it. At that point I had lost any interest in PwC.

Where are you at Seremify?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty happy with just doing ordinary B Comm- I'm not really into the idea of doing a double degree; even if I didn't get a cadetship I would've just done normal B Comm at UNSW anyway.

ishq

brown?
HSC
UNSW has a pretty tight part-time structure - even for night time classes. I keep thinking that I am going to be giving up the flexibility that UTS offers for the prestige of UNSW. In the end, I might just go with UTS - its so close to EY too...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)