Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

ashhoward

HSC
sxcsn said:
hey if ur name is ashleigh i think i remember u wen that chik called out the names for the group task... congrats so u wernt in tmp?
thanks, yeh my name is ashley so i guess it was me that would have been called i was in the first group to go to the activity nah i was in the assurance - retail sector

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've only heard of people getting into Tax divisions... I have a few friends (some in EY Tax- both uni/HSC applicants; and one PwC) who have been made offers; but surprisingly- no audit. Maybe the assurance interviews haven't been done *shrugs*

ihgjuk

HSC
sxcsn said:
Is ny1 goin 2 KPMG second round interviews next week? if so wot day?
I'm going on wednesday.. how about you? psyched?

pmtruong

HSC
I was at thursdays PWC for assurance private client services. there were about 23 people there and they sed they wood tell us if we r in on monday or tuesday. Has anyone in this department received a call yet?....i got an offer from felsers but wood take pwc any day.
pwc is mad!

HSC
I was wondering the same thing except mine was on Tuesday and that was for financial services

jessiiii

HSC
I just recieved an offer from ey in corporate tax.. i thought i wouldn't have got one cos my interview was on monday and most people got theirs on the day
=)

punned

HSC
ey, i read that the average salary for these cadetships is 25-30k a year.

does anyone know how much u'd be expecting from a company like E&Y after the 4 year cadet program.

Also, 25-30k - is that alot? compared to other jobs in the industry

the company's will be calling you for an interview during the day (wen im at skool), so wot if i can never pick up then? :S

lost_lil_anjool

HSC
Congrats to everyone else who got a cadetship with ey. I also got offered one for TMP. Ashley.. were you seated at the table near the doorway next to Kim ( i think that's what his name was). If you were.. i was sitting opposite you.

dK_99

HSC
Has anyone received a call for an offer or rejection in EY - assurance?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the 2007 cadets are getting around $28k for tax (tax usually pays more than other divisions) at EY.

punned- Some firms offer remuneration based on packages, but others just do it by grade/experience (at UG level). I don't know about EY, you'll have to ask.

As for average salaries... I know some firms (non-Big4) who are in the $20-25k bracket, and from my year, the upper end of the spectrum would be EY's $29k to Tax cadets.

I

icycloud

Just a quick question. Does anyone know how the double degrees program is structured under EY traineeship? I know for a single degree it's 2+2, but what if you're doing Commerce/Law? How many years part-time/full-time do you do then? I'd appreciate it if someone who is currently doing a double degree with EY could answer this question :)

punned

HSC
to apply for these, or to be considered for these cadetships

does one need to Major in accoutning? can i major in something else like business systems?

are there any organisations that have a cadetship program but are not too accoutning focused.?

anyhelp would be great

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I believe if you are going into the accounting related divisons (like AABS at EY), then you will most definately need to do an accounting major in your degree and you'll be required to be eligible for the CA program. If you're going into a divison that doesn't require an Accounting major (such as my divison), then you probably don't need to do an accounting major, though it's probably highly desirable if you are working in an accounting firm.

I'm not sure about many organisations other than accounting firms who offer cadetships. I'm sure there are some, but maybe someone else will know.

As for salary after cadetship, look at Meads post below :p

Last edited:

c0okies

HSC
ok since we're allowed to do double degrees,

would we be able to do double majors in commerce at ey?

and if we could, is the time manageable?

i'd appreciate it if someone working at ey answers this question :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes you can do double majors... I think pretty much every cadet does? I'm doing Acct/Fin, my friend in EY is doing Acct/HR, and there are some who do Acct/Biz Law.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
icycloud said:
Wow I got a free IPOD shuffle with my EY contract. LOL! I'm impressed.
That's pretty awesome! *envious!*

A freebie is a freebie!

I'm guessing it's gonna help sway you over?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)