err help? (1 Viewer)

Linhy`-

haha hello everyone, i dont' do japanese.. but i'm looking for a good nick for my jersey.. i kinda want the nick to be in jap.. was wondering if anyone had any good ideas? sumthing nice? i guess..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha! :p

Give us some words to translate?

Two of my favourites are "hikari" (light) and "nozomi" (hope). They are also the two fastest bullet trains (nozomi is the fastest in the world).

Linhy`-

ahhahaha well i don't know really i'v got a english jap dictionary here with me.. but can't think of anithing.. i kinda want sumthing meaningful lol

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Meaningful? You're just being even more broad than before. :)

Do you like animals?

Tiger: tora
Fox: kitsune
Wolf: okami (NOT okama)

I can't think of anything else right now, I'm at uni surrounded by engineering students.

Linhy`-

hahaha nah i'm not a big fan .. of animals.. i was thinking errrr a flower? i tought blossoms woudl be nice.. but sakura is soo typical.. get what i mean? hmm lilyof teh valley?- suzuran
white lilly ; shiroi yuri??..blahs i don't know!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Just be careful of double entendre, yes? Many words in Japanese (especially flowers) have more subtle, less desireable meanings. For example, Chrysanthemum. I'll let J-Belle explain. :)

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Just be careful of double entendre, yes?
Yes!

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Many words in Japanese (especially flowers) have more subtle, less desireable meanings. For example, Chrysanthemum. I'll let J-Belle explain. :)
Yes! Some of the "cute" sounding names (often found as for describing things such as flowers) can be taken at least 2 ways. I saw a high school jersey someone was wearing at UNSW - translated from Japanese to English it read "Free & Easy". That can be a cute name, or an extremely slutty one ;)

Suzuran? You'd better be a virgin (or at least act as one) hehe :p

SMAP

i think you should have cherry blossom! which is Sakura
or sunflower is a pretty name himawari.
But Sakura looks better and the flower is beautiful!
you are lucky to even have a nick name on the back of your jearsy! our skool wont let us even have our last names!

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i love my nick on the back of my jersey, its a pity i didnt think of having something jap at the time :( But i love Dark Shadow anyway ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)