Error carried forward? (1 Viewer)

whitnall8

HSC
Does anybody know whether the markers use "error carried forward." I may have made a mistake in part a) of the relativity (the 0.99999c q), so does anybody know whether that means i will automatically get 0 for part b)? or will i get full marks because i used the value obtained from a), by error carried forward

jsraider

HSC
you will get consequential for all subsequent questions to part a!
for all sciences and maths, if part a is wrong, the rest is right as long as you subbed in your wrong answer correctly!

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
They do use error carried forward, I'm pretty sure, although the question you are referring to seems ambiguous.

You obviously used the contracted length to figure out the time. This uses the previous answer so I imagine error carried forward would apply.

My only doubt is that part b can be done without the use of part a, since t=d/s which are both given to you in the question [1x10^7** and 0.99999c]. If you did it this way, I imagine error carried forward would not apply. :S

Toughie... Will the markers use ECF for one method and not the other, or not use it for both or use it for both... You get what I'm saying lol?

** or whatever it was =)

whitnall8

HSC
THats good because i think i gave my first answer in the wrong units which will cost me one mark but if its error carried forward then i should only lose one mark for that question

studybuddy09

HSC
They do use error carried forward, I'm pretty sure, although the question you are referring to seems ambiguous.

You obviously used the contracted length to figure out the time. This uses the previous answer so I imagine error carried forward would apply.

My only doubt is that part b can be done without the use of part a, since t=d/s which are both given to you in the question [1x10^7** and 0.99999c]. If you did it this way, I imagine error carried forward would not apply. :S

Toughie... Will the markers use ECF for one method and not the other, or not use it for both or use it for both... You get what I'm saying lol?

** or whatever it was =)
Dont you use the contracted length because it is in the spaceship's frame, so the distance is 760 light years and the time is app 760 years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)