Escalade with Lamborghini doors?!?!? (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Heres the modified cadillac escalade with lambourghini doors, i rekon it looks weird but also kinda kewl (if the escalade was in black it would be waaay betta)

Wat yall think? Chek out the piks....

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
that looks nice, i seen some car on pimp my ride today that had similar doors, i tihnk it was a honda or soemthing.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
There not lamborghini doors, there scissor doors idiot.

not everyone is a wiz at cars liek u are. so shut the fuk up , dotn call ne one idiot cuase he got sometihng worng.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
aiya - more bling than a diamond-studded crackwhore pimp. people should grow some taste. it's a car, not a jet.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
they can do it to a ford falcon so doing it to this turd of a car is nothing special

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
If its the falcon ute your talking about they were gulwing doors not scissors, there has been heaps of cars with scissor doors, its nothing new.

etc....if any 1 is interested which im sure there not heres that gulwing falc.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
SashatheMan said:
not everyone is a wiz at cars liek u are. so shut the fuk up , dotn call ne one idiot cuase he got sometihng worng.
Lol thanx man. But he was just correctin me, its ok

Nguyen

How about you search and post it back here when you found some concrete info, unless you can't find anything on it of course. ;)

PS. Finding sites selling door hinges and they calling them Scissor doors means shit all, sames applies for Lambo doors and Vertical doors if not i'm getting more results for the last two.

Surely if you are so sure about the SCISSOR DOOR term, you can provide a link stating the origins how the name came to be :)

Last edited:

DaddyK

Is out drifting
HSC
http://www.importprecision.com/faq_vls_lambo_door.htm

*taken from site*

What is a "Lambo Door"?

A "Lambo Door" is the slang term used to describe a scissor door conversion kit by many people. At the beginning of the development of the 3000GT VLS kit, its was commonly referred to a "Lambo Door" conversion kit. The "Lambo Door" slang of course comes from the way a Lamborghini doors open up.

Eat a dick Nguyen

DaddyK

Is out drifting
HSC
If thats not good enough for you, heres a more solid explination from the same site

Scissor, aka lambo, vertical
The most well known of the different doors, our friends at Lamborghini have probably made this door the most well known of exotic doors. The name scissor comes from the way it comes straight down like a pair of hand scissors. Because Lamborghini knew that their door would be opening this way, they have the A-pillar out of the way, and the door comes straight down, just like the blade on your scissors. The pivot point is usually at the top corner of the door, near the A-pillar. It is assisted by a shock to raise the weight of the door.

Nguyen

LoL in the end haven't you just proven that Lambo doors = Scissor doors = Vertical doors.

Remember you did say
DaddyK said:
There not lamborghini doors, there scissor doors.
Lamborghini did inspired many else to copy it's design, and since it has the motion of scissors doesn't make it more of less the not right nor wrong to call them lambo doors, and lets not forget aftermarket kits open on an angle due to clearance issues, so they are not technically coming straight down like the lambo.

But then most aftermarket kits resemble more of the Koenigsegg way of opening apart from doing both at the same time (coming out a bit then raising up), so like I said. Same shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)