esearch to research (1 Viewer)

Bob.

HSC
anyone done this yet? i have to do it for sociology. how'd you find it? also is webct really really slow for anyone else? cos it wont load most of the pages so i cant even really attempt it. thanks

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
It's one of those librarian things where they get really really excited occasionally and use heaps and heaps of exclamation marks for no apparent reason!! But it's sort of useful to learn the wildcard characters for the library catalogue, and the stuff about locating journal articles.

Webct works fine for me, so it may just be your computer. Try using a different browser.

gelina

HSC
Triangulum said:
But it's sort of useful to learn the wildcard characters for the library catalogue, and the stuff about locating journal articles.
I don't get it.

I'm going to do it on Thursday.

We can re-do it right? (Sociology)

Bob.

HSC
yep we can do it as many times as we want, they only take your best attempt. yeah i think it was my browser, safari kinda sucks but its the only one that works properly with the unis free internet. im just gonna use firefox at home cos it works alot better

Bob.

HSC
hey has anyone else found that they cant get a perfect 100 for it? ive found that i can only get 99.96 because one of the questions has 3 answers, making them all worth 33%, which means that even if you get them all right you can only get 99% of the marks for that question. i dont really not wanna get full marks for it cos its such an esay assesment, and its crap cos the same thing happened in french aswell. you'd expect that they would realise stuff like that before setting an assesment, but ahhh welll.

Skeeta

HSC
they'll probably scale it up afterwards. Most assessment marks are full numbers.

Also. Safari sucks dick. Especially when it comes to uni stuff. DONT attempt to change your enrollment, view your timetable, see when your exams are etc. on safari. Coz it pretty much wont work.

Install firefox instead. Eazzzy

Bob.

HSC
yeah i know safari sucks, and i do use firefox. its just that if you want to use usyds wireless internet its so much of a hassle to change all the settings between usyds network and your own at home, thats why i just use safari while im at uni and firefox at home. and yeah hopefully they scale it up, its just that they dont always use the 3 part question in all the assesments, it randomly changes the questions each attempt. i hope they realise their fuck up

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
this is weird...but when i get 100% for a section it tells me i got 0. im like what?! like in the first bit, the reading list thing. i answered them all right, and at the end it says my score is 0. gah.

gelina

HSC
That's because it doesn't count and isn't recorded.
As it says, it's a self test.

Final test is the one that's recorded.
But you can do it over and over, so it's all gravy baby.

Max score is 99.96

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)