• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ESL people do not despair!! (1 Viewer)

leaderofrouge

HSC
Does anyone finding it strange that someone studies ESL and General Maths, but also take physics and biology which requires more sophisticated maths and english writing?

gamecw

HSC
leaderofrouge said:
Does anyone finding it strange that someone studies ESL and General Maths, but also take physics and biology which requires more sophisticated maths and english writing?
if u wana do well in physics, then u shud atleast do 2unit maths.. or maybe even the extensions..

neyways i dont see nethin wron with esl n physics tho.. unless ur english is really crap (like me)

loolee

HSC
gamecw said:
Im doin ESL, Gen Maths, Chem and also Physics.....hows that....???

gamecw

HSC
loolee said:
Im doin ESL, Gen Maths, Chem and also Physics.....hows that....???
lol did u have to put MY NAME in that quote? it wasnt me who said that was it =P

anyways how was ur english exam? and.. i say if u r qualified to do physics and chemistry.. then u shud atleast do 2unit maths coz its so much easier than the cauculation required in phy n chem.. why did u choose gen maths? the subjects scales really bad..

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
I don't think that the people who do Physic and Chemistry need to do 2U math because the calculation in Physic and Chemistry are not that hard
Just basic calculation and understanding the concept
I'm doing ext 1 anyway :p

gamecw

HSC
dhampoet said:
I don't think that the people who do Physic and Chemistry need to do 2U math because the calculation in Physic and Chemistry are not that hard
Just basic calculation and understanding the concept
I'm doing ext 1 anyway :p
calculation in phy n chem r not hard, same in 2unit.. they r all basically substituting numbers in formulae.. difference is, in 2unit u have to remember those formulae.. anyways alot of concepts in phy r much harder to understand than 2u maths.. u dont necesary Have to do 2u, but if u can do well in phy then u shud be able to do 2unit maths without too much frustration.. just an suggestion =)

yaseng1988

HSC
I didn't finish the making-article part on Question 1 (started a little bit though), does anybody still think that I can get Band-5 in my ESL??

loolee

HSC
anyways how was ur english exam? and.. i say if u r qualified to do physics and chemistry.. then u shud atleast do 2unit maths coz its so much easier than the cauculation required in phy n chem.. why did u choose gen maths? the subjects scales really bad..
my english exam was okay....I dun want to feel high about it now, coz I'll get depress if I dun do that good. But it was wayyy much better than trial. Also I didn't finish the Q1 last question....only need the conclusion....but I'm so happy I finish the Q2 hohohoho.....

Yeh...abt the maths I made a mistake on yr 10, I wanna choose 2U maths but then I "circle" the General Maths one. I dunno why's that, but then I cudnt change it nemore....:mad1: that really suck. But it's ok General maths is really easy....so I only need to strees out for physics and chemistry...then I plan to take a bridging course at uni....

gamecw

HSC
loolee said:
my english exam was okay....I dun want to feel high about it now, coz I'll get depress if I dun do that good. But it was wayyy much better than trial. Also I didn't finish the Q1 last question....only need the conclusion....but I'm so happy I finish the Q2 hohohoho.....

Yeh...abt the maths I made a mistake on yr 10, I wanna choose 2U maths but then I "circle" the General Maths one. I dunno why's that, but then I cudnt change it nemore....:mad1: that really suck. But it's ok General maths is really easy....so I only need to strees out for physics and chemistry...then I plan to take a bridging course at uni....
hey i heard that u'll have to do a maths program if u wanna do bridging course at uni, thats if u did general maths in high school.. not sure if its true tho

loolee

HSC
gamecw said:
hey i heard that u'll have to do a maths program if u wanna do bridging course at uni, thats if u did general maths in high school.. not sure if its true tho
Yes u do...actually bridging course is for who want to get extention level, from 2U maths. Umm I heard in UNSW that they have math skill program for whose doing general maths at high school....so yeh...I'm planning to do that....neway they said, my course not really need maths....

gamecw

HSC
loolee said:
Yes u do...actually bridging course is for who want to get extention level, from 2U maths. Umm I heard in UNSW that they have math skill program for whose doing general maths at high school....so yeh...I'm planning to do that....neway they said, my course not really need maths....
hehe ok good luck with it :)

Last edited:

dunno04

HSC
Apparently, the ESL paper for this year is way easier than a few years ago. So i am glad that i've finished it and done with it.

YESH!
=D

tracyquang

HSC
is ranking really important?
if i rank 3rd in my class can i still get a band 6 in esl?
:mad1:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
tracyquang said:
is ranking really important?
if i rank 3rd in my class can i still get a band 6 in esl?
:mad1:
Yes you can. You should score a Band 6 in your HSC exam and this will put you in a good position to obtain a Band 6 for your Final mark.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Not really. No one is forced to do ESL, but some schools encourage qualified students to do ESL.

Last edited:

conman

HSC
But not all courses accept ESL, so I don't choose ESL instead taking standard (be on safe side).

cheney31

HSC
just to let u guys know.... the dux in our school for the previous 6 years or somthing are all ESL...(the new HSC is only out for 8 years.) LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)