essaay (1 Viewer)

shazran

HSC
hey guys i was wondering if an essay can have more than one paragraph for the intro cause my teacher wrote up a big ass intro like a page long but it was all one paragraph ... that really confused me coz we get marked down for that

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'd recommend doing only 1 paragraph for your introduction. It's aim is to introduce your argument to the marker and your main points.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
a 1 page intro i think is way too much .. it should be simple, concise and clearly state the arguments you are going to make ..

LordPc

HSC
Kujah said:
I'd recommend doing only 1 paragraph for your introduction. It's aim is to introduce your argument to the marker and your main points.
i agree. my understanding of an intro is to answer the question (if possible) then outline your essay

if and essay goes for a page then the intro is wrong, well not wrong, but written very very badly, however you look at it. into is meant to outline your essay, if you are introducing things (good) then explaining them (bad) the intro will be about a page and wrong, which is what alot of people do.

you also want to define terms in the intro so the reader (and yourself) knows exactly what you are talking about

and just a side note: dont use first person. "In this essay I will..." is possibly the worst starting like of all. well except for "My pj's are blue with pink stripes". but you get the point ;)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
OP: Did the introduction actually fit the criteria of a conventional one? Or were some of the information stated in the intro repeated in "different" words?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
That's what we're here for :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)