• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Essay Help (Legal Processes) (1 Viewer)

Phoenix316

HSC
If possible can someone help me with how I should layout this essay (I've got a weakness when it comes to Legal essays it seems):

Assessment task:

Critically analyse the legal processes and institutions involved within the context of the case study provided.

Case Study: On October 13th 2006, Jesse Kelly was sentenced to at least 5 ½ years jail. He pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated dangerous driving occasioning death. In handing down the sentence, Judge Knox said: "I do not find there are strong prospects for rehabilitation.” See attached for further details.

Cheers for any help.

Kabbasi

HSC
Phoenix316 said:
If possible can someone help me with how I should layout this essay (I've got a weakness when it comes to Legal essays it seems):

Assessment task:

Critically analyse the legal processes and institutions involved within the context of the case study provided.

Case Study: On October 13th 2006, Jesse Kelly was sentenced to at least 5 ½ years jail. He pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated dangerous driving occasioning death. In handing down the sentence, Judge Knox said: "I do not find there are strong prospects for rehabilitation.” See attached for further details.

Cheers for any help.

Legal Essays are better than English essays because they're not as concerned as to how it is set out compared to how they care about the content. so basically you have an introduction, body, conclusion. Introduction, you brirefly outline what legal processes and institutions were involved and their overall effectiveness or importance within that case study.

Body - I'm not sure about the entirety of the Case study since i don't have the "attached" which I'm sure has all the information. However, by critically, they mean that you have to clearly outline the effectiveness of the said institution and the relevance that they have to the case. I'd think you'd have to include the courts and places of rehabilitation (?). But there must be a judgement at the end, including a judgement of the judge's decisions

Then you conclude. Pull out all stops, tell the marker what you said, what it means, and how you've shown it. Don't bring any new information into the conclusion; just what you've reiterated in the body.

Hope that helps. I can't be too specific since i don't have the intriguing "attached" with the details!

If you glazed over all that this is all you need: ASSESS THE EFFECTIVENESS. Meaning pros and cons, media opinions (if any), legislation relevant to the issue were relevant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)