essay memorising tips.. how do u do it? (1 Viewer)

C

coca cola

lukebennett said:
i dont think creative ones can be memorised like an essay. you can devise some journeys which could be related or started from a stimulus picture or something. think of some good metaphors and symbols and hope that you can use your idea. i thought of an idea and it was in the half yearly. you still have to do most of the thinking in the exam but you have some good ideas to get you started which is vital as creative writing can be really time consuming. you can also make ideas up from your related journey texts etc.
I think creative writing part is best memorized, 3 different stories should cover it. With the other sections if the question is really open then you can memorize and regurgitate, but if you get a specific one like the King Lear "Chaos and Order" question then unless you're really lucky and memorized that exact theme, the essay you memorized will have no use at all. While with creative writing, its not the idea behind the writing that matters - you're not answering any question, but its the techniques that you can show and how well you write that counts.

Paroissien

HSC
Bah. The creative writing part is the easiest. No need to memorise anything, it just sucks up time that could be better spent elsewhere

C

coca cola

If writing a story, speech, or feature article is easy for you then, of course no point wasting your time memorizing someone else's work, since you're gonna get full marks with your own style anyway, regardless.

If you're really that good then I don't see why you would need to memorize essays for modules either. What I means is that if you've got the skills to write good, I mean good like proffesional writer and also produce it in exam conditions, assuming you have solid knowledge of your text, memorizing pre-prepared essays is a waste of time too.

Thats just my view. Good Luck for Monday. Bye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)