essay question (1 Viewer)

pinkyfish

How did everyone go?
my personally is quite socked by the essay question, coz it's asking for such a big area. u have to talk about the perspective, the way to compose, and your respond.
i don't think i've done my best, any way, it's all finished.
just wondering, how many other related material we have to write. i only wrote one, coz i don't have any more time, but my teacher said it's better to write two?
what? i thought the question is asking at least one.
do u think i will lose mark.
by the way, it's asking you to write a script for radio, right? do we have to write in the form of a speech, i mean, do we have to write "Good morning" sort of things, coz i only write in the essay form
any way, it's finished

good luck for the other exams

evil99

HSC
Yezzzz....

I didn't finished the Q1 (f), the interview stuff, I lost 8 marks....

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
well for interview i wrote 4 pages how stupid is that? insteard of 150 words, and i had 15 minutes to write the essay i'm my class about 3 people who finished on time the rest of class didn't.
i predicted the quetion, my friends call me a witch now

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
SHIT! I wrote an interview transcript. Because the question asked for "Radio program" so I wrote an interview, with two people talking.

However, the rest of the ESL student wrote a speech. coz they saw "Give a talk"

I don't know what happens now. :confused:

Winston

HSC
never go with quantity, having 5 related texts wouldnt enable u do well, its how you show your understanding from that text and create a direct relation to the texts, you have to understand most top band 6 students probably only do 1 related text but do it in depth and reveal their understanding.

livon0319

Originally posted by Survivor39
SHIT! I wrote an interview transcript. Because the question asked for "Radio program" so I wrote an interview, with two people talking.

i feel quite confusing now................
i juz write a speech...............
but i fink a radio talk is something like a interview with sound effect................
so what's right??:confused:

Jacko

I no speaka good engrish but i find test not hard. i written seven pages for question number 1. i hope good enough. the second harder question difficult hope wednesday not hard.

hagun

Originally posted by Survivor39

Damn, the same with me...
I'm all confused coz 1f> transcript is todo da interview... and i thought transcript means an interview draft or anything similar to that.... wonder how many mark would i get... lucky if it's 10...

now, how can i get a good score in esl ?

orange

i wrote seven and half page of perspectiive essay(large size)...i just wrote one text from "changing" booklet, two poems, three people from "Through australian eyes" and one related metarial. some of my classmates wrote one changing, three poems, three through australian eyes, and two related metarials...our teacher is crazy because she asked us to write at least 9 texts.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by hagun
Damn, the same with me...
I'm all confused coz 1f> transcript is todo da interview... and i thought transcript means an interview draft or anything similar to that.... wonder how many mark would i get... lucky if it's 10...

now, how can i get a good score in esl ?
Don't worry, I still think an interview is correct. I don't hear any speech on the radio, do you? Therefore, an interview transcript would be more appropriate.

32cc

but i thought it says...

give a transcript of "your talk"...

does dat mean you write wot eva you ganna say???

im confused 2... >_<

Last edited:

ToRnaDo

HSC
Oh mann ..how can u guy wrote sooo quick 6 or 7 pages..thats unbelievable. Well i just wrote 5 pages for perspective question with only 2 related text and i run out of time....leave the question 1 text 1 blank... WHATS THE FUCK!!!!
Anyway...surely the perspective question asked u to write the speech...not an interview. I did check it with my ESL teacher yeserday...SOOo GOOD LUCK for the one who composed AN INTERVIEW hehhehe

Foong

Originally posted by ToRnaDo
Oh mann ..how can u guy wrote sooo quick 6 or 7 pages..thats unbelievable. Well i just wrote 5 pages for perspective question with only 2 related text and i run out of time....leave the question 1 text 1 blank... WHATS THE FUCK!!!!
Anyway...surely the perspective question asked u to write the speech...not an interview. I did check it with my ESL teacher yeserday...SOOo GOOD LUCK for the one who composed AN INTERVIEW hehhehe
No offense to most people, but the reason that they can write so much is because most of them has big handwritings... just look at the standards package for ESl.... I have not seen any of them having an average of more than 9 words a line..... I managed my time well.... i planned to spend half an hour on question one, leaving me an hour with question two, thus I wrote seven pages, and with my small handwriting, I estimate it to be at around 1600-1800 words for the perspective essay
Btw, question two, "radio transcript" wanted you to write as if you was going to say that on the radio program, meaning you have to have good morning, this is "youth in focus" radio program, thank you for listening, etc

P.S. I'm assuming that some of u did CSSA trial, so did u notice the question was exactly the same, cept that its a radio transcript? I did well in the CSSA, so i hope I'll do the same :)

Last edited:

hagun

Originally posted by ToRnaDo
Wow... I got 40 minutes in this part n only manage to do 3 page with big handwriting.... I wrote the *supposedly* correct one according to Foong and then something pop into my mind *Hey, never heard anyone talking alone in the radio* and immediately change it into the interview one AAAAAARGGHHHHHH...

I did quite ok in my CSSA 35+ mark for paper 1 but this one is a disaster...

MyLuv

I'm the only one had 35min for the essay:D And I wrote exactly 4:4 for 2 question:D

Golani

It was a speech, a talk is a speech, you're talking to the audience at home, except they obviously can't answer...
I wrote about hmmm 2000 words i think, hope to g-d i'll do good :)

gl to all in paper 2 today, do your best, don't give up!!!!!!!!!1

GO ESL

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
i wrote as the essay, no interview or speech. i had only 15minutes to write essay i wrote 4 pages
Your text type is incorrect. If yougave an in-depth analysis of your texts, you may still be able to get a Band 5.

Foong

Originally posted by Golani
It was a speech, a talk is a speech, you're talking to the audience at home, except they obviously can't answer...
I wrote about hmmm 2000 words i think, hope to g-d i'll do good :)

gl to all in paper 2 today, do your best, don't give up!!!!!!!!!1

GO ESL
but the people at home always calls in to give their views and talk to the host.... and his guest,m that is YOU :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)