Essay Questions (1 Viewer)

k8eeboi

HSC
Does anyone have any good practice essay questions that they have been given? have done all past HSC essay question on WW1 and was just wondering if anyone has any different ones. Thanks

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
k8eeboi said:
Does anyone have any good practice essay questions that they have been given? have done all past HSC essay question on WW1 and was just wondering if anyone has any different ones. Thanks
yeah i was given like two folders of modern history notes and past exams from my cousin and my sister. you just want questions on ww1 yer?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
You will find what you're looking for in each of the modern history subforums ("national study", "personality study" and "International..."). Look at the "important" (aka stickied) threads and there you will find many practice questions, especially if you have a popular topic.

EDIT: You were asking for WW1 questions. as such no one has posted any, but maybe soon they will.

GubGub

HSC
world war 1 has lots of turning pointas i know a few of them... but if i told you then my hsc would go down :p

rama_v

HSC
Here's a list of essay questions my friend and I compiled while doing Modern History a couple of years ago. Some may/may not be relevant to what you are currently studying, so just omit those ones.

WW!
1. Account for the differing conditions in the trenches on the Western Front.

2. Explain the overall strategies and tactics to break the stalemate on the Western Front

3. Assess the impact of the arrival of the USA and the Russian withdrawal in turning the tide of the war against the Germans

4. Why did Germany lose World War I?

Germany

5. Assess the role of Hitler in the Nazi state during his reign.

6. To what extent did propaganda, terror and repression play a role in the Nazi State

7. Evaluate the impact of Nazi ideology on social, economic and cultural life in Germany 1933-1939

8. Assess the impact of Nazi ideology on their foreign policy up to the outbreak of the war.

9. Assess the impact of Nazi foreign policy on ordinary civilians living in Nazi Germany in the period 1933-1939.

10. To what extent did Germany engage in total war during World War Two?

11. Why did Germany lose World War Two?

12. “Hitler was the reason why Germany lost the war”. Assess the role of Hitler in undermining Germany’s war effort.

13. Describe the events that led to the capitulation of Germany in World War Two.

14. Describe the preparations that that took place after 1943 for Germany to gain a total war footing

Some More

1. Describe the sequence of events that led to Hitler becoming Chancellor of Germany?

2. “Hindenburg must carry the blame for Hitler coming to power.” Discuss this argument and suggest reasons for and against.

3. What role did the German Army play in undermining democratic forces in Weimar Germany?

4. Account for the opposition that existed within Germany to a democratic republic in the period to 1933.

5. How far did Hitler’s rise to power depend on the weakness of men and institutions within Germany?

6. Why were democratic forces within Germany unable to prevent Hitler’s rise to power by 1933?

7. How vital was economic and social unrest to the growth of the Nazis in the period to 1933?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)