• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Essay response (1 Viewer)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
For an economy other than Australia, explain how government development strategies have responded to the process of globalisation.

It's question 28 in the 07 HSC and my teacher gave us a 2500 response as holiday homework and i am unsure how I should approach it. Am i meant to mention what the strategies are and its effect??

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i think the best approach would be to:

• outline the county's involvement in globalisation in terms of trade, investment and labour
  • examine the effects of this, and then the issues that arise from it (adv/disadv)
  • then explain how the govt has responded to these challenges, thru policies, agreements, law reform, etc
  • lastly, the effect of these policies and their success or failure.
you might want to evaluate the govt's reponse if you need to get up to the 2500 mark, but believe me, its damn easy to write that much.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
munchiecrunchie said:
i think the best approach would be to:
  • outline the county's involvement in globalisation in terms of trade, investment and labour
  • examine the effects of this, and then the issues that arise from it (adv/disadv)
  • then explain how the govt has responded to these challenges, thru policies, agreements, law reform, etc
  • lastly, the effect of these policies and their success or failure.
you might want to evaluate the govt's reponse if you need to get up to the 2500 mark, but believe me, its damn easy to write that much.
ye thanks, i am at the 1200 mark but ye thanks for the reassurence

Man United

HSC
I reckon an alternative that might be of use would be to use all the things that munchiecrunchie suggested, but do it in a paragraph. For example discuss the effect of globalisation on trade and then the policies (free trade- bilateral/multilateral etc). Then discuss impact of globalisation on investment and policies in response, so on and so forth.
The only reason I suggest this is that if you discuss the impact of globalisation on trade, investment and so on for half the essay, you won't answer the question, or it won't seem as though this is the case. Integrating impacts of globalisation with policies will develop a "sophisticated" response which gives you top bands.
Also since the question doesn't ask you to EVALUATE, then I don't think the success/failures is necessary, or mention that at the end of the point (but don't spend too long on this)
Hope this helps and good luck!

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Man United said:
I reckon an alternative that might be of use would be to use all the things that munchiecrunchie suggested, but do it in a paragraph. For example discuss the effect of globalisation on trade and then the policies (free trade- bilateral/multilateral etc). Then discuss impact of globalisation on investment and policies in response, so on and so forth.
The only reason I suggest this is that if you discuss the impact of globalisation on trade, investment and so on for half the essay, you won't answer the question, or it won't seem as though this is the case. Integrating impacts of globalisation with policies will develop a "sophisticated" response which gives you top bands.
Also since the question doesn't ask you to EVALUATE, then I don't think the success/failures is necessary, or mention that at the end of the point (but don't spend too long on this)
Hope this helps and good luck!
Haha thanks, thats exactly what i did. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)