essay structure band 6 (1 Viewer)

raiie

HSC
Did anyone who got a band 6 in english write two paragraphs instead of 3 in their essays?

icycledough

HSC
I don't think 2 paragraphs would be enough to get a sufficient amount of ideas / analysis through to the marker. It definitely may have been done in the past, but most B6 students will have 3 (maybe a few may have 4)

raiie

HSC
I don't think 2 paragraphs would be enough to get a sufficient amount of ideas / analysis through to the marker. It definitely may have been done in the past, but most B6 students will have 3 (maybe a few may have 4)
what if the paragraphs are longer like 400 words at least ?

icycledough

HSC
I think the main issue is the number of ideas/themes you are able to convey. 2 paragraphs normally insinuates 2 ideas/themes, unless you would do more than 1 theme per paragraph

triviajeon

HSC
Did anyone who got a band 6 in english write two paragraphs instead of 3 in their essays?
It's preferable to have 3 body paragraphs for Common Mod and Mod B, and if you intend to do integrated paragraphs for Mod A then it would be 2

raiie

HSC
I think the main issue is the number of ideas/themes you are able to convey. 2 paragraphs normally insinuates 2 ideas/themes, unless you would do more than 1 theme per paragraph
ohh so is 3 idea/themes the minimum for the essay?

raiie

HSC
It's preferable to have 3 body paragraphs for Common Mod and Mod B, and if you intend to do integrated paragraphs for Mod A then it would be 2
how many words for each would you recommend

triviajeon

HSC
how many words for each would you recommend
I have around 350 - 400 for each paragraph but my Mod A ones are definitely greater however I think its more reliant on the actual analysis (and link to the q etc.) you provide in the essay :)

raiie

HSC
I have around 350 - 400 for each paragraph but my Mod A ones are definitely greater however I think its more reliant on the actual analysis (and link to the q etc.) you provide in the essay :)
how would you write 3 400 word paragraphs in 40 min ;-;

triviajeon

HSC
how would you write 3 400 word paragraphs in 40 min ;-;
Don't stress about the word limit! Focus on the quality of your analysis and how well you can adapt it to different questions :jump:
Writing fast will probably come from the adrenaline of exam conditions :shoot:

raiie

HSC
Don't stress about the word limit! Focus on the quality of your analysis and how well you can adapt it to different questions :jump:
Writing fast will probably come from the adrenaline of exam conditions :shoot:
yeah lmaoo the time limit is stressing me out my hands gonna give out :rolleyes:

ssoans

HSC
I actually talked about this with my teacher today, and he said that two paragraphs are fine if you carry them out well.

notme123

HSC
wow ok i cant even get 250 prepared words (excluding extra stuff for specific q) down in 10 minutes which is what i restrct myself to for each para.

ColdMint123

HSC
I've been writing two body paragraphs for all my essays this whole year (two long paragraphs around 350 words). And for me thats worked amazing, ive gotten pretty decent marks and my teacher says its totally ok to have 2 paragraphs for essays in English Advanced.

idkkdi

HSC
i had only 2 body paragraphs for my previous essay and got 19/20 so it is possible. however personally i wouldn't have 2 bodies again bc its more difficult to be clear with what you're trying to say since those 2 body paragraphs are more lengthy (hence why i lost a mark)
used to do 2, but found that I could get what was said in those 2 done in 1/3. so I went to 3 bodies.

Reactions: 8=D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)