Essay structure re: Family. (1 Viewer)

mullet

I was just wondering how most of you set out your essays. Say for example you got a question on the effectiveness of the law in family law (I know that's really broad, but this is just an example)

Would you:

a) Go through each area;
1. Relationships
2. Dissolution of marriage
3. Children
4. Problems in family relationships
and then discuss different aspects that contribute to and hinder effectiveness in each area.

or

b) Discuss the different factors in the evaluation of the effectiveness eg: equality, accessbility, enforceability, resource efficiency ... etc. and just incorporate the different areas in each of these.

Our teacher has never actually told us how to do it, in fact she didn't tell us much at all ... but I've always done it the first way. Just wanted to see if anyone else did it differently, and if they think one way is better than the other. I've always done ok this way, I've never gotten full marks though, I usually get between 21-23.

The only thing that comes to mind for me, is that for the second method it could get kinda messy, and you'd be more likely to leave out important points.

Anyways, let's hear what everyone else thinks ...

shikaree_bex

i live in my mind with occasional visits to the jo
yeah, i dunno, i get inconsistent marks in legal prolly 20 for fam, but i screwed trials so yeah, ahhh, i set it out like, the first way and talk about effectiveness throughout, (weel attempt to)
as you mention each thing, say whether law is effective and shit, so you don't waste time, get straight to the point sort of thing

eh i dunno
good luck!

herbsby

Ive always done it the second way like do effectiveness for
-individual (eg. accessibility, equality....)
-society

Because the markers are looking for the actual words, eg.equality but i must admit the only problem is that you can leave out important bits, and often evaluating the effectiveness for the individual does take longer, & u dont get much time for society...

but i guess, if you were a marker, effectiveness is outlined that way, under individual then society, and that way you only bring in the most important points, especially when the q's are sooooo general....

my teacher and the advice line said u can do it either way..... i guess i just do it that way, coz then i dont get messed up, i have a structure and i know my arguement, and can collaborate ALL of family law..... but ppl get full marks the other way.

:)

Da_KaMaKaZi

EFFECTIVELY SCREWD

Well i can honestly say WAT THE! man im soo confused i hate dis hsc jazz! argh bloody education system my ass!!!!! :mad: :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)