Essay Structure (1 Viewer)

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, does anyone have a good idea on how to write a strong essay ?? Is it really necessary to define the key terms in the question ??

determine

Premium Member
HSC
I would only define one word (or two words MAXIMUM) - the way to choose this word to define is to think about what the underlying concept is of the question. e.g. if there is a question about trade and financial flows, I would be defining GLOBALISATION, rather than trade and financial flows, as globalisation is what underlies trade and financial flows and really binds together the whole essay. don't get carried away defining heaps and heaps of words - you need to remember that when writing an economics essay, the focus is on ANALYSIS not description.

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
so for example, if i have to analyse trade blocs and organisation on the global economy, then i define the "global economy" or "globalisation"?
Because globalisation allows economies to interact with each other through trade or financial flows. However problems may arise as the action of one economy will have an impact on others, such as financial crisis or global warming. In order to deal with this, the global economy relies on the use of trade blocs and activites of international organisation to maintain global equality.

Not sure if its right ?? My introduction is very vague O_O

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Define only what isn't in the syllabus. Don't bother with small terms

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)