Essay structure (1 Viewer)

bui123

HSC
Hey guys,

for ATB, have you guys structured the body of your paragraph by themes or by texts in isolation??

AdrianaZ

HSC
My teachers always say its better to "integrate" the texts throughout but it gets really difficult with 4 texts in ext. It is easier to organise the body by texts rather than themes and may give you a clearer direction in the exam but if you think the question enables you to have a strong and coherent argument by weaving between texts then go for that!

bui123

HSC
My teachers always say its better to "integrate" the texts throughout but it gets really difficult with 4 texts in ext. It is easier to organise the body by texts rather than themes and may give you a clearer direction in the exam but if you think the question enables you to have a strong and coherent argument by weaving between texts then go for that!
I've had so much mixed feedback on this question :/ From teachers, from past extension students, everyone. I know it's clearer to do it by text but I've also been told that by integrating your texts and doing it by themes, it shows that you're looking at the bigger picture like the concerns of the time and etc. which may be more of what the criteria is asking.

IDK I am hoping the paper wont be as cruel as the math's paper haha.

happinessisbest

HSC
I've had so much mixed feedback on this question :/ From teachers, from past extension students, everyone. I know it's clearer to do it by text but I've also been told that by integrating your texts and doing it by themes, it shows that you're looking at the bigger picture like the concerns of the time and etc. which may be more of what the criteria is asking.

IDK I am hoping the paper wont be as cruel as the math's paper haha.
It is better to integrate the texts, BUT only if you do it well. If you can't do it well, it often gets really confusing and it is harder to write about when integrating them, so if you can't do it, it is probably better not to do so. That said, IF YOU CAN, try and integrate. Personally, I don't ever integrate my texts because I find it way too hard to do, especially with 4 texts (which are all of a completely different nature). But give it a go. Do a few practice essays and see what works for you. Really, as long as you correctly answer the question and follow the rubric, you'll do well. Good luck :)

bui123

HSC
It is better to integrate the texts, BUT only if you do it well. If you can't do it well, it often gets really confusing and it is harder to write about when integrating them, so if you can't do it, it is probably better not to do so. That said, IF YOU CAN, try and integrate. Personally, I don't ever integrate my texts because I find it way too hard to do, especially with 4 texts (which are all of a completely different nature). But give it a go. Do a few practice essays and see what works for you. Really, as long as you correctly answer the question and follow the rubric, you'll do well. Good luck :)
I hate how ext questions can be tackled in 2 ways... i.e. either by themes or text -_- I sometimes feel like it is forcing you to come in and write an essay on the spot and not vomit something haha. But if i do it by themes, am I doing it by themes in accordance to paradigms or just themes in general?

Thank you! You too :)

AdrianaZ

HSC
But if i do it by themes, am I doing it by themes in accordance to paradigms or just themes in general?
We read a paper in class (I think from a standards package), obviously top band and it was structured by text so don't be too discouraged - it shouldn't stop you from getting a top mark. I think any themes you have probably relate to paradigms e.g. human condition = growing anxiety = exploration of experiences/emotions = new ways of representing like absurdism or political = questioning of authority.

All the best, fingers crossed for no crazy creative stimulus!

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
mines structured like
intro
context
critical commentary of WoThinking
Analysis Core
Analysis Related
context
analysis 2nd core
analysis 2nd related
conc
im doing 2 WoT!

_BD

HSC
My teachers always say its better to "integrate" the texts throughout but it gets really difficult with 4 texts in ext
Oh dear :/ while admittedly I'm not doing ATB, I have 6 prescribed (2 x 3 poems) and 2 related

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)