essay (1 Viewer)

araz

HSC
hey im doing an essay for Germany. the question is:

Nazi control was based more on propaganda and terror than on the popularity of their social and economic policies in the period to 1939. to what extent to you agree with this statement? support ur answer with evidence. wriet an essay (2000-2500) words

and i have ideas but i just wanted feedback as to what i should do. im agreeing with the statement btw.

i wanted to discuss the role of propaganda, the role of terror groups such as SS and Gestapo and then discuss the role of Himmler and Goebells but im not sure how to fit it the social and economic policies bit so that i can prove what im saying.

I dunno any help will be appreciated.

hangerm5

HSC
I would agree with the statement and suggest that propaganda and terror was used to garner support for policy. In a sense the people of Germany were tricked into supporting these policies through the culture of fear that the Nazi regime instilled within them. After using terror and propaganda to instill mass fear and hysteria in the German people the Nazis were able to offer their policies as solution to the problems faced by Germans. Does this make sense. One is used to create dependence on the other is the point i am trying to make. NOt sure how this ties in with your own thoughts tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)