• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Essential DS games (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
What do you mean by DS memory?

I'm pretty sure the save games are all saved to the cartridge. Though you'll have to start a new wi-fi account with new friends code and all if you get a new DS

No dice, jumb, I can't get the damn thing to work :( looking around for help now

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
What do you mean by DS memory?

I'm pretty sure the save games are all saved to the cartridge. Though you'll have to start a new wi-fi account with new friends code and all if you get a new DS

No dice, jumb, I can't get the damn thing to work :( looking around for help now
i doubt it's saved on the cartridge. coz when i play warioware, mariokart, and super mario bros in another ds, they start a completely new game - no memory saved at all. soo, i that's why i thought the memory was on the ds.... and why i want to know, so i can keep my memory when i get a ds lite....

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
im up to level 12/16 already. It's a fascinating game.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
ssejamafone said:
i doubt it's saved on the cartridge. coz when i play warioware, mariokart, and super mario bros in another ds, they start a completely new game - no memory saved at all. soo, i that's why i thought the memory was on the ds.... and why i want to know, so i can keep my memory when i get a ds lite....
Err that's weird, the memory should be in the carts. All my save files were fine (on the few games I actually bought) when I went from my DS phat to my DS Lite.

iwannarock

HSC
jumb said:
im up to level 12/16 already. It's a fascinating game.
hahahha i suck at this game.

im only up to the second level and i got owned.

but its so awesome.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
iwannarock said:
hahahha i suck at this game.

im only up to the second level and i got owned.

but its so awesome.
yeah, I've fayled a couple of times, but I stand by what I said: it's interesting.

Also. the blurb before each mission is all just anti-war propaganda, ey?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I got stuck on level 14 of glory days, it fucking rapes me

edit: man, some of the dumper must be crack addicts, why would the put up high school musical before the new HM? Disney game's aren't priority shit.

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
runtlocks said:
This Glory Wars is quite good

Also, how the fuck do you do a loop
i find it only gets better with each mission.

to do a loop while your flying ine one direction touch the screen on the very opposite side of the screen.

just touch it.

and it should begin a loop.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Schroedinger said:
There's a new harvest moon? Is there a feed I can subscribe to for the releases, or a scene page?
yeah rune factory, its harvest moon cross with an RPG. Like, you bust through caves and make the monsters work in your farm and shit.

I just keep refreshing scene news sites such as this one and this one and when it comes out I'll browse the forums or whatever to find a site that has it to download. Romunation sounds like one of the fastest to upload them.

It probably wont be released to people until tomorrow, and it might take the dumpers up to a week to dump it, so its reasonable to assume we will have it within the next 7 days. However, because it's a game a lot of people are waiting for, my money is on it being up tomorrow, or at worst before the weekend.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Glory Days/Wars whatever is great!

The tanks are getting a bit ridiculous, four or so hits with a bomb to kill?! And they always seem to twat mine out quite easily

Err i dunno what's going on with megaman, didn't have time to play it on the weekend and I don't feel like playing it any more

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Fuck man you are heavy in the scene. What equipment do you know, if any, do they use to dump it?
haha, not really, i got one of those sites off stas, I think any thing else I just get from trawling forums and google.

I don't know much about what they use to dump them, but I know the stuff exists cause I remember reading a guide once where someone was dumping their bought games so that they could get their saved game files off the cartridge.

runtlocks said:
Glory Days/Wars whatever is great!

The tanks are getting a bit ridiculous, four or so hits with a bomb to kill?! And they always seem to twat mine out quite easily

Err i dunno what's going on with megaman, didn't have time to play it on the weekend and I don't feel like playing it any more
Yeah, the hardest part of glory days is having to micromanage buying all your tanks and shit. To get the most of them, you have to separate your tanks by a couple of seconds, otherwise if a bomb hits one of them the explosion will hit the others too. And doing that requires too much time when you should be out fucking up the commies.

If there was some way to just put the buying stuff business over to the AI, I'd finish it sweet as.

And yeah, I'm a bit over megaman. It is fun, but I guess I'm a bit over the whole thing. The random battles business wears away at my spirit too, thats a problem pokemon had as well.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Now that's something I picked up on almost immediately. It sucks being unable to control your plane when you're busy making units. The touchscreen could've been used to do this, I wouldn't trust the AI with my moneys.

Nevertheless I'd imagine this would be quite good to play multiplayer, especially if you could play with like 4 people, 2 vs 2 or something like that.

Virus busting is fun and all, but the characters are so shit, the story is shit, the stuff you have to do is all shit and I don't think I can stand to pick it up again and read through it all. The dungeons are so long that they get boring, and the game's a bit too linear. The 3x3 battle grid system from Battle Network is superior as well.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I think the story is a lol. One of the only reasons I want to keep playing is to see where the story progresses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)