• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Essential DS games (2 Viewers)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Let's get some high scores up then hey. My DS is somewhere, I'll post some up later.

Pokemon this month!

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Sweatin' difficulty: A Christmas Gift - 2054130 (Rank S)

The only one I'm proud of at the moment :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
HOLY CRAP! I didn't even know a rank S existed. What's your rank overall. I think I'm the one after the Four Star COmmander

stazi

Nightman
HSC
If there's no more difficulties I don't see how there could be more than 2 ranks. You need about 10 million points to go up in rank at this stage, and you only get credited the difference between your last score and current score when you redo the stages.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Ohh you're just cranky because you haven't gotten an S-Rank yet

But errr fair enough, was just judging by the amount of space they give you in the list. Though on Sweatin', on average each stage on there can give you 2mil points each on an S-rank performance.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
haha but S-rank is crazy. it would make me feel too nerdy if i went for those. I need about 2.8million for the next rank and I'm now up to the last 2 songs.

iwannarock

HSC
castlevania portrait of ruin comes at soon doesnt it.

and bomberman land touch is also out i think.

theres a few others im forgetting.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I am now a "hero's hero". I'm guessing there are 2 more ranks: hero and elite beat agent?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
stazi said:
oh ok. that's still pretty cool.

does anyone know the best place to get ds roms? i dont mind if its a torrent site, it's just that mininova sux0r for stuff like this.
How do you upload them and do all that stuff? I've wanted to get a flash card and shit but don't know where to buy them in australia.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Which brand/model do you have and how did you get it "pre-flashed"?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I just bought my DS pre-flashed on ebay. To be able to use those things that allow you to play ROMS you first have to 'flash' your cart. I recommend asking someone on overclockers in this thread:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=435801

they will be able to help you a lot more. I personally use the Supercard SD but it seems there are newer, and better carts around.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Ah sick as. How do you access the cards from your computer? Would I have everything I need if I bought this combo and this adaptor?

edit: Hmm, I'm actually thinking about just getting this because it sounds like that's all I need, then just buy a separate MicroSD card.

edit^2: Actually, might get this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1459 ~$55 for everything i need.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Eh, I ended up buying the R4. At that price, it is by far the best deal. ~$55 for the flash card, SD card and postage, and it does everything I want.

Now I just have to wait a week, probably longer because of holidays, till I can play with it. Then I'll be all over this thread like a bad rash.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
The wait's a complete killer :(

Ohh, and currently I have an M3 Simply. If I wanted to play GBA roms, what Slot 2 thing would you people suggest for it?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)