Estimate Please (1 Viewer)

Kiim2507

HSC
My school didn't give us our final marks so these are my trial ones...The ranks are the final ones though

English Adv: 66% 89/135
Drama: 73% 10/16
Gen Maths: 77% 8/65
Business Studies: 65% 23/45
Hospitality: 70% but they didn't give us our rank

My schools rank is 57th

runnable

HSC
I would say low 70s. you may drop into the 60s if you're not careful with hosp and Eng/

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I will agree with runnable. 80 is a bit far-fetched considering her subjects. Her rnaks are decent, yes. Her school is decent yes.

But her ranks should be like top 10% with her subjects line to get her pretty good UAI.

I reckon mid-70s or low 70s.

ratcher0071

HSC
lyounamu said:
I will agree with runnable. 80 is a bit far-fetched considering her subjects. Her rnaks are decent, yes. Her school is decent yes.

But her ranks should be like top 10% with her subjects line to get her pretty good UAI.

I reckon mid-70s or low 70s.
Bit harsh Namu, but sorry Kiim it's the truth :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Um..I am not sure if it was a harsh estimate though...

She was expecting 60s and I gave her 70s. But meh, my estimate is only an estimate. I can never be accruate. I am just givin her my opinion...if she doesn't like it, that's fine. If she does, that's fine as well.

Sorry to OP if it sounded too harsh or too far-fetched in nature.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
-Anfernee- said:
Well, this estimation business is a very delicate thing, if you give her too low an estimate it might dampen her resolve to study hard for the remaining exams as she will feel hopeless and lost.

I think it's best to always give atleast 5-6 UAI points more than what you really think, this way she'll be motivated and inspired to achieve great things in the next few weeks.....even if realistically she is doomed in terms of her UAI.
What if she comes back and yells at me for giving her a false hope for higher UAI?

Kiim2507

HSC
Lol dw bout it I was asking for an estimate so obviously everyones will be different.
I'd rather hear I'm gonna get 70 and get 75 then vice versa

My English and Drama mark will stay around the same but I'm hoping to push up Hospitality, Business and Maths.

My Hosp mark is low cos I didn't study for trials cos it didn't count for anything so yessss.

lionking1191

HSC
Kiim2507 said:
Lol you sound like my mum.
Yes I am studying but I'm not giving up my whole life to the HSC
its not your whole life, its about 1/1000 of your lifespan so you could live a more comfortable life later on... consider it an investment :rolleyes:

M@ster P

HSC
honestly you have come this far, give it your best shot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)