• We have a few events lined up for the October school holidays!
    Watch this space...

Estimate Your Raw Mark. (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
2,085
Location
Suburbia
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Hi. I hope you did well.
What do you think of each of the sections?
 

Raven3333

Jerk
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
350
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
around 86 raw it was a pretty good test. I dropped 2 in multiple choice, around 4 in short asnwers and i reckon about 8 in essays
 

Sparcod

Hello!
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
2,085
Location
Suburbia
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Does anybody have the MCQ answers?
I hope for mid 80s to mid 90s, like always, depending on essays.
 

onebytwo

Recession '08
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
825
Location
inner west
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
around 90, that is depending on how hard essays are marked
a good test....but no labour market policy made it even better
 

yy

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2004
Messages
287
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
around 90, what does that usually align to?
 

zedzed

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
107
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2006
lisraeli said:
95+ raw. Pretty easy I thought
are you expecting a state ranking? cos that mark would easily get you one.

i'm expecting mid 80s.
 

klaw

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
683
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
zedzed said:
are you expecting a state ranking? cos that mark would easily get you one.

i'm expecting mid 80s.
I don't know... a lot of people got close to full marks in trials...
 

zedzed

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
107
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2006
klaw said:
I don't know... a lot of people got close to full marks in trials...
well then your trials were marked leniently. unless you go to james ruse and heaps of you are going to get state rankings.

the average for the trial at my school was in the 70s and over 50% of us get a band 6 in the hsc. so there's quite a big difference between how the trial is marked and the hsc.

i bet the band 6 cut off will be around 80 - 85ish. eco gets scaled considerably.
 

Lenny_1234

New Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
8
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
expecting 85+ but ill be happy with anything over 75
pretty direct test and i had a whole week to study for it
 

lisraeli

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2005
Messages
53
Location
Vaucluse
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Nah, my years class average will be like 50%... So theres no chance my scaled mark will be that high. Again, it depends on how leniently they mark the essays. but yeah, if my teacher was marking that I'd get over 95 raw I think
 

Benmc

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
118
Location
Bathurst
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
I'm hoping about 85ish and up.
I think i got 20/20 for the M/C.
Just depends how my essays and short answers get marked.
 

klaw

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
683
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
zedzed said:
well then your trials were marked leniently. unless you go to james ruse and heaps of you are going to get state rankings.

the average for the trial at my school was in the 70s and over 50% of us get a band 6 in the hsc. so there's quite a big difference between how the trial is marked and the hsc.

i bet the band 6 cut off will be around 80 - 85ish. eco gets scaled considerably.
It wasn't just from my school, and the board of studies aligned/moderated mark has nothing to do with scaling. Scaling is a process that determines the UAI contribution based on the raw mark. The board of studies aligned/moderated mark is a subjective mark by made by the board of studies people. They are the ones who judge what mark deserves what bands.
 
Last edited:

zedzed

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
107
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2006
klaw said:
It wasn't just from my school, and the board of studies aligned/moderated mark has nothing to do with scaling. Scaling is a process that determines the UAI contribution based on the raw mark. The board of studies aligned/moderated mark is a subjective mark by made by the board of studies people. They are the ones who judge what mark deserves what bands.
yea that's what i meant. like if the BOS decide that the band 6 cut off will be 82 then they'll moderate 82 to 90, etc etc
 

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
350
Location
sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
90-95

was an alright exam.. not too easy and not too hard... although pretty angry cuz i had more to write on macro/micro question that could've got my definite 20/20
 

mitsui

мιтэuι
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
1,191
Location
somewhere
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
finger crossed for 95+

got 96 for trial, and 99 for half yearly (both average 59)

hope the luck stays with me

goodluck =)
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top