• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Estimated Ranks? (1 Viewer)

vexing_sv

HSC
If my school rank is on the 120 range, what ranks should I be roughly getting to get a 90+ ATAR? :S I know it doesn't really help at this point in time, but i'd like to know

I do Eco (32), Legal (40), Maths 2U (92), English Adv (97), Chemistry (60)

Any general estimates are much appreciated :)

enoilgam

HSC
Eco 12/32
Legal 13/40
Maths 2U 25/92
English Adv 25/97
Chemistry 15/60

I think that should be more than enough for you to get an ATAR over 90

vexing_sv

HSC
mm
do I need to be an all-rounder though to get an ATAR of at least 95? :S
I'm sorry I'm just really confused with how the internal marks are scaled according to our school =\ does that have an effect in terms of what you receive as an external mark? or is that based on pure performance?

enoilgam

HSC
No, you dont need to be an all-rounder to recieve an ATAR of 95. Many people get 99+ without recieveing an all rounders award. With regards to internal marks, it is an extremely complex process - which could probably be best explained by another person on this forum. I can tell you though that school rankings are not DIRECTLY factored into the internal mark calculations. With regards to your external mark, it is purely based on your performance on the final exam.

My advice to all students about to sit the HSC is dont concern yourself with scaling, school rankings and other factors which are out of your control. The most important factors needed to succeed in the HSC are related to the student themseleves. To succeed you need intelligence, motivation and a strong work ethic.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)