estimation please...85+? (1 Viewer)

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
hey everyone,

im pretty nervous about my UAI and i need an estimation...
i need a 87UAI for commerce at macquarie.
just a bit scared i wont meet that UAI...cause i get distracted very easily...
help would be appreciated...thanks

here are my half yearly marks and overall rank

english standard:
exam: 60%

maths ext. 1:
mark: 80%

maths ext 2:
mark: 64%

Chemistry:
mark:
53%

Physics:
mark: 60%

Economics:
mark: 66%

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
your ranks are not that outstanding, so itll be fairly difficult in my opinion to get 87 UAI.
you need to drastically improve on all your subjects between now and the conclusion of the hsc.
however all your subjects scale nicely, bar eng std so keep on going and im sure youll get your 87+
just try a bit harder :)
good luck

williamc

HSC
Commerce at macquarie was 84.55 last year (well this year i guess) for a CSP position. For a full fee paying spot it was 81.30, not 87.

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
thanks Jemsta.... and iamsickofyear12...

williamc: i said 87UAI just to be safe...

williamc

HSC
Fair enough, but at the end of the day your goal will be whatever that UAI entry ends up being. I'd say somewhere between 83-86 so 87 would be pretty safe.

kev311

kkkkeeevvviiiiiinnnnnnnnn
HSC
ant...im gonna agree with jemsta here...u have to work hard...LOL...

BUT...WHAT BOUT ME???...

here are my ranks...

Eng Adv: 67/116

Eng Ext 1: 29/47

Math Adv: 15/80

Math Ext 1: 45/85

Phys: 17/50

Chem: 31/46

:worried:

at the risk of sounding stuck up, ill tell everyone right now that i am worried about my HSC but both ant and i attend schools that are ranked in the top 25 in the state and have averages over 90 UAI...hopefully that will help us...:S

please reply...

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
kev311 said:

BUT...WHAT BOUT ME???...

here are my ranks...

at the risk of sounding stuck up, ill tell everyone right now that i am worried about my HSC but both ant and i attend schools that are ranked in the top 25 in the state and have averages over 90 UAI...hopefully that will help us...:S

please reply...
What part of the HSC are you worried about? Not getting into Uni? Or not achieving your target UAI?

To be honest, either should be irrelevant at this stage. As I keep telling people, thinking about progress too much is time wasted that could be put into study. And if you are constantly worrying, your study will be less effective. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to focus your attention too much on progress as it is still way too early in the HSC to be able to make any sort of true judgement unless you expect your performance to stay the same.

But looking at your results, and taking into account that your school tends to do quite well, I can see you getting around the 88-92 UAI at least IF your performance stays the same, which i'm sure it won't. I'm sure you can improve and there is ample time to make that improvement.

And just to repeat, stop worrying about your progress and focus on the task at hand, that is to study.

over9k

HSC
Ragerunner said:
What part of the HSC are you worried about? Not getting into Uni? Or not achieving your target UAI?

To be honest, either should be irrelevant at this stage. As I keep telling people, thinking about progress too much is time wasted that could be put into study. And if you are constantly worrying, your study will be less effective. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to focus your attention too much on progress as it is still way too early in the HSC to be able to make any sort of true judgement unless you expect your performance to stay the same.

But looking at your results, and taking into account that your school tends to do quite well, I can see you getting around the 88-92 UAI at least IF your performance stays the same, which i'm sure it won't. I'm sure you can improve and there is ample time to make that improvement.

And just to repeat, stop worrying about your progress and focus on the task at hand, that is to study.
I SEE GREEN

zaqwerty

HSC
kev311 said:

BUT...WHAT BOUT ME???...

here are my ranks...

please reply...
SHITE!!! 85 people at your school do Maths Ext 1? That's about the equivalent of my whole grade PLUS some.

(I guess I'm just not exposed to this amount of smarts very often..)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha selective schools tend to have a lot of people in their grade....plus some of them do high scaling subs such as maths ext 2, which explains the high number of maths ext 1 students

Loza33

HSC
yeah hey zaqwerty i too was shocked at the amount of people doing ext. 1 and ext. 2... crazy... bit i do go to a small school...

What do you guys reckon about mine? My marks and ranks have been ok i guess, but im worried that that is just because i go to a small school and they will actually be really bad in comparison in the hsc and the uai that sam etc tells me im getting will be completely wrong...

English Advanced
87% 2nd/41

English ext.
84% 3rd/9

Maths
92% 1st/22

Drama
96% 1st/6

Ancient
80% 2/8

Ext. history
86% 1st/3

They sound good... but maybe my teachers are just nice markers and all my marks will be heaps worse in the HSC??

Im scared....

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Loza33 said:
yeah hey zaqwerty i too was shocked at the amount of people doing ext. 1 and ext. 2... crazy... bit i do go to a small school...

What do you guys reckon about mine? My marks and ranks have been ok i guess, but im worried that that is just because i go to a small school and they will actually be really bad in comparison in the hsc and the uai that sam etc tells me im getting will be completely wrong...

English Advanced
87% 2nd/41

English ext.
84% 3rd/9

Maths
92% 1st/22

Drama
96% 1st/6

Ancient
80% 2/8

Ext. history
86% 1st/3

They sound good... but maybe my teachers are just nice markers and all my marks will be heaps worse in the HSC??

Im scared....
ranks are pretty good, and your marks reflect on that.
however, seeing as youre doing 10 units, you have to do well in each and every one of them, but if you keep this work up, 90+ UAI for you should be a piece of cake
good luck

zaqwerty

HSC
Loza33 said:

English Advanced
87% 2nd/41

English ext.
84% 3rd/9

Maths
92% 1st/22

Drama
96% 1st/6

Ancient
80% 2/8

Ext. history
86% 1st/3

Im scared....
You and I are much the same. I do ten units and I've got a high rank in all my classes. Plus, I go to a small school.
I'm scared also because I think my teachers might be marking easy too...

I guess if we work hard then we shouldn't be too scared....

Loza33

HSC
zaqwerty said:
You and I are much the same. I do ten units and I've got a high rank in all my classes. Plus, I go to a small school.
I'm scared also because I think my teachers might be marking easy too...

I guess if we work hard then we shouldn't be too scared....
Yay!! I'm g;ad i have a friend.............

I guess we can work hard... but i dont know if i am working hard enough now, or if im heaps behind and need to do lots more work.... com c com sa?

morganforrest

HSC
Loza33 said:
Yay!! I'm g;ad i have a friend.............

I guess we can work hard... but i dont know if i am working hard enough now, or if im heaps behind and need to do lots more work.... com c com sa?
Join the club guys...i know exactly how you feel....high rank but small school. i feel like a big fish in a very small pond at its gonna be tough comparing it to the rest of the state....at the end of the day all we can do is back ourselves, keep studying at kick ass come october!!!

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Honestly, I doubt you'll get 85, probably not even close.

Ignore these other people, they are trying to make you feel better and relax, when in fact you are going to have to wither create some kind of miracle, or give up now.

Take it from me, I had almost exactly the same ranks as you, except two of mine were better, I got more than 85 for every external exam, my school was top 20 in the state, and I got a UAI of 72.

just warning you, don't get your hopes up.

kev311

kkkkeeevvviiiiiinnnnnnnnn
HSC
oooh....k...thanks everyone for their comments...oh yeh...wow...people who go to small schools with gd ranks....hope u guys do well! all the best everyone!!!...work hard and u'll succeed...:wave:

*AnT*

i hate my username.
HSC
N/A
ElGronko said:
Honestly, I doubt you'll get 85, probably not even close.

Ignore these other people, they are trying to make you feel better and relax, when in fact you are going to have to wither create some kind of miracle, or give up now.

Take it from me, I had almost exactly the same ranks as you, except two of mine were better, I got more than 85 for every external exam, my school was top 20 in the state, and I got a UAI of 72.

just warning you, don't get your hopes up.
did you do the same subjects as me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)