I can't really
multi-choice 14/15
but the rest...well depends whether the markers like me or not :p
I answered them
just don't know if I answered them the way they want me to

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
I hope I'm not gonna jinx myself with my lack of modesty but I reckon I'll get in the high 90s raw.

Ronnie

No matter how easy you thought the exam was there's always this thing called marking criteria! if you leave one thing out you will not get the mark whereas you can Bullshit all you like for 3 pages and stuff and you still won't get the marks because you haven't written what they wanted to read!

they did it to us for our trials.... we thought the test was hard but the marking criteria turned out to be harder! we had one guy at 80 a handful of guys in the 70s, and the rest was.... the rest

and I'm talking about raw marks... trust me they'll find a way to differentiate marks!

nakata

Put it this way, if you write 3 pages of bullshit, there is no way you cant get full marks, the answer will have to be there somewhere, unless you really are way off the mark.
but true, many markers mark up to the dot, if a word or sentence isnt there, then you lose the mark
thats the main thing im worrying about. The fact that im confident i anwered the question, how well is the thing im worried about.

Lugia

did anyone else noticed that none of the multiple choice answers were D ! or did I do something wrong... :gridnod:

nakata

i know lugia, i have like one D only
but im sure there are other D's. It always happens to me in phys, i have always done mulitple questions wif like only one D or B, and i always end up wif 10/15
but im pretty sure that there arent that many D's in this test, cause these questions were pretty easy.

Dario

HSC
Originally posted by Lugia
did anyone else noticed that none of the multiple choice answers were D ! or did I do something wrong... :gridnod:
Question 5 was.

nakata

lol, suprisingly thats the only D i got
i think they try to do that so that the weaker physics students will start expressing doubt over their answers, and then begin to change them. lets hope that they do hehe

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
not me:D i'm not changin' i stand by 15/15 for MC. as for the rest.....criteria marking, shit.
by the way, that pendulum one. i know you were suppose to find g from the gradient but couldn't. do you think i'll loose marks just using the formula?......:confused:

kaseita

no, you needed to use the formula to determine g

if you look at the formula, its (rearranged):

g=(2pi)^2(T^2/L)

where (2pi)^2 is just a constant, and T^2/L is the gradient of the curve.

EXA BOY

im thinking low to mid 80's i got 3 wrong in mulit guess, and lost approx 7 marks in quanta, so ill allow for a fair few stupid mistakes hahahaha..... ummm for the pendulum one wat did ppl get as g?? cause ahhhh i didnt get 9.8, i rearranged the eqn but didnt get 9.8

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yay I got 9.67 too

I estimate a raw mark in the 70's, and I'd b happy with that, considering phys is my worst subject..

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ah shit. me and 2 mates got 9.5.
Did you guys use origin in calculation. We didn't.
Maybe there data and graphing was dodgy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)