ETA Area Of Study Day (1 Viewer)

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Actually, no, due to my perpetualbroke-ness. ($5 per week doesn't go far.) Though I did provide much moral support for those A!YAs I know.

Raginsheep

HSC
lol.......ok... But you could've got one of those shirts we were like giving away at the end.

Hmm......thinking about it, I still got a stack at home that I never returned to the company... *cough

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
I got one of the bicycle dude ones for free, after you guys had liquidated.

Btw, what's your name?

Raginsheep

HSC
Your'z first :p

Nah......."YiLi" distinctive and original as hell :p

Raginsheep

HSC
You do ext2 eng rite? What are you thinking of doing?

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
I was originally thinking short story, but everything I say (about my idea, the stuff I read, etc) is leading my English teacher and myself towards critical response. I'm still very iffy on my topic, and research is phenomenal at the moment, but hopefully I can narrow it down soon. (Hint: think fairy tales)

You?

Raginsheep

HSC
At the present time, trying to make 3 weeks of research recorded in my head magically turn into 3 weeks (ie. 3000 words) of sustained journal entries and failing miserably.

Im trying to do something like a critical response on the bias found in the left wing media but right now going though a massive case of writer's block and a part of me is yearning to do something more creative.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Ouch. I mean, sounds like a lot of fun. Um. *tumbleweed rolls by*

Being extremely ignorant politically, the only contribution I can make is to say that ABC is very labour, how 'bout you start there and let the ranting flow.

I think your brain is fighting against it cos you know that a lot of other people are likely to look at politics, it's what people do. Brainstorm. Or just read. I did that. And got ranty about bastardisation of fairy tales, and it kind of kept going.

Raginsheep

HSC
HAHA.....thing is Im trying to aviod just ranting and instead construct soemthing that seems vaguely intellegent.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
I totally agree: the ranting is just for brainstorming - you might be surprised how many good points can come out of a heated rant/discussion. Sit yourself down with someone you know you can argue with, and see what you argue about passionately.

Alternately, write a page on your current idea. If you can't get a page of decent points, you need more research. If you can't bring yourself to write a page on your idea, it's not something you're all that interested in. Ditch it, and find something else.

Actually, there are about 50 billion things you can do to brainstorm and so on, I never even used the ones I've said above, but I reckon they'd work. (I find myself getting worked up over the most mundane things, cos they're close to my heart.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)