Ethics Quotes (1 Viewer)

Jsfrulz

HSC
Hey,
i was just wondering if anyone had any particularly good quotes to back up ethics points. I do Christianity and Islam as my two depth studies (1u SOR) so anything from the bible, pope, quran, hadith, etc would be awesome.

here are a few that ive already got that might be some use:

Christianity-
The 10 commandments (Exodus 20) - pretty obvious, large basis of ethical teachings
Sermon on the Mount (Matt 5-7) - Jesus' moral preachings
The Golden Rule of Reciproctiy (heaps of places.. Matt 7:20 is one) - "do to others what you would have them do to you" (Mark 12:31) "Love your neighbor as yourself.'There is no commandment greater than these."
Matt 7:1 -"Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

i have a few papal quotes but i cant find them atm.. will post wen i do

Islam-
Kind of lacking a bit here.. and don't have good details.. but,
There is a Hadith story which details a man who killed himself to escape the pain of a disease.. Allah punishes him for this. (good example for suicide and euthanasia?)
Lots of Quran quotes on the Sanctity of Life.. something like "if one kills it will be as if he has killed all of islam, and if one saves a life it will be as if he has saved the life of all Islam".. or something on those lines

Anyway yeah if anyone has anything good or more indepth then that (i know they're kinda weak quotes..) thatd be cool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)