Euro 2004 results so far! (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
Portugal to win 2-0 ala Brazil vs Germany 2002 WC final.

well the greeks have scored in every game so far, i think. so they'd probably be good for one goal at least.

I'm not even going to try and predict this one cos no game this tournament has really gone to the expected script.

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
reynaldo said:
i dont know much about 'soccer'.. but i know a bit about 'Football'

Greece didn't "dominate" the Czech's. In the beginning of the match, they were very lucky not to concede from numerous Czech attacks. Also, Kollers poor finishing ability and loss of Nedved to injury really cost/weakened them. If they had played the Czech side from the memorable Dutch encounter from the group phase, they would be on their boat heading for Piraeus.

Hellas have to thank the classical Deutsche style (efficient, defensive, unnattractive) for making it this far. This event is comparitive to WC2002, where a typical German side defended their way to the final (where no one thought they would get - like the Greeks in this tournament) and came up against a Brasil side that had virtually played every side they faced off the park. This Portugal side have made the final by virtue of their supreme technical ability. And, as you saw in the 2002 final, Germany didn't leave the far east with any sort of reward.

If you compare the paths both teams have taken in this tournament (after the group stage) you'll see Portugal have had it harder. For instance, "Hellas" versed probably the most uninspired French side in the history of Euro, and then, played a Czech side that definently wasn't the same one as in the group stage. On the other hand, Portugal, under immense pressure from about 10 milhão portuguesas, managed to send England back the island. Then came up against the most technically skilled side, imo, of Europe - Nederland - Put 2 goals past them and didn't let them score (an own goal is credited towards the Dutch but i think the credit should be given to Andrade :) ).

anyway my point is Greece have played well but have had their fair share of luck. Going from not winning a game at a Euro EVER to making it to the final isn't exactly unsurprising..

espero que você não tenha expectativas grandés de encontro a Portugal, porque você vai estar desapontado... más, boa sorte.. Hellás
suked in, portugal fuked up!! Greece totally shut them out! Hellas!!! Greece all the way, porkos r just shit!!!!!!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
littlemic21 said:
suked in, portugal fuked up!! Greece totally shut them out! Hellas!!! Greece all the way, porkos r just shit!!!!!!
heh, two of my mates one portugese on greek were both going at it all weekend, at full time the portugese guy received an sms saying "HAHAHAHAHAHA Portugal malaka now you know what its like to be fúcked!" :rofl:

Quite funny how football can make good mates behave.

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
HeCtic said:
heh, two of my mates one portugese on greek were both going at it all weekend, at full time the portugese guy received an sms saying "HAHAHAHAHAHA Portugal malaka now you know what its like to be fúcked!" :rofl:

Quite funny how football can make good mates behave.
ahahahah thats a good one

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
littlemic21 said:
i'd rather be a fan of a team that plays technically superior, attractive, attacking football than one that defends its way through a tournament with 1-0 scorelines. I guess im just a fan of real football.

but, to each his own..

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Goes to show one thing - team work and a decent plan are priceless. And it doesn't matter how good you are!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)