Event Marketing (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have an interview for event marketing tommorrow morning, can anyone give me some advise what this kind of job would be like? I don't know what company its for as I think its through an employment agency- originally it was for energy australia but now I think its for something else.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
As above... it could be any number of things. There are a lot of jobs associated with event marketing.

I think it's kind of stupid to be applying for a job that you don't know anything about.

HSC
I rang a number for an advertised sales and marketing job, they set up an interview and rushed leaving me limited time to ask questions. When I managed to check it didn't involve door knocking and it did, they changed me to an interview for an event marketing position for another company. Then they said they would tell me all about it at the interview so they could meet me. All I know is it has to do with being at a stand promoting something, I know little else and was hoping for some information on pay rates, whether or not it was good work.

I think its kinda stupid saying I'm kinda stupid off a two sentance post.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
miss_unsquiggle said:
I rang a number for an advertised sales and marketing job, they set up an interview and rushed leaving me limited time to ask questions. When I managed to check it didn't involve door knocking and it did, they changed me to an interview for an event marketing position for another company. Then they said they would tell me all about it at the interview so they could meet me.

I think its kinda stupid saying I'm kinda stupid off a two sentance post.
The length of the post has nothing to do with the fact that going for a job you know nothing about is stupid. What if it is something you don't want to do? Then you've just wasted your time.

HSC
Just like I have by bothering to respond to you, someone who obviously doesn't currently work a fast food environment with managers who make lewd comments about female employees and would obviously have no problem finding any job you desire. I'm sure you havn't been applying for millions of positions for the last few months and recieved no interviews.

Just try finding a new job when you have limited availability due to a combined university degree and an extra subject.

The entire idea is I was told I would learn all about it at the interview, they were too busy to answer my questions. It has to do with event marketing and sales.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Do you think I care at all about your situation? Going to an interview for a job you have no idea about is stupid. It's as simple as that.

HSC
Well if I know it has to do with sales and marketing and doesnt involve door knocking explain how that is knowing nothing about it. Enlighten me.
Do you think I care about your opinion?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
miss_unsquiggle said:
Well if I know it has to do with sales and marketing and doesnt involve door knocking explain how that is knowing nothing about it. Enlighten me.
Do you think I care about your opinion?
There is a lot more to sales and marketing than door knocking.
I know you care about my opinion.

HSC
and yet I still know something about it!
and If I decide I don't want the job wow I'll lose a whole hour of my time!

I don't care about your opinion, people like you who go around posting stupid replies to actual queries when you know nothing and have zip to contribute are incredibly annoying.

And by the way my situation influences how good an idea going and talking to someone about a job is.

kylie_robbo

It isn't stupid going for an interview for a position that you know nothing about. Put it all down to the interview experience that you are gaining.

You probably won't get the position if you know nothing about the job, but hey, it is worth applying anyway!!

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
miss_unsquiggle said:
I rang a number for an advertised sales and marketing job, they set up an interview and rushed leaving me limited time to ask questions.
Telemarketing, most sales and marketing not requiring quals will lead to you on a phone.
miss_unsquiggle said:
When I managed to check it didn't involve door knocking and it did, they changed me to an interview for an event marketing position for another company.
Typical recruitment company BS< they were probably trawling for resumes to make themselves look better to prospective employers.
miss_unsquiggle said:
Then they said they would tell me all about it at the interview so they could meet me. All I know is it has to do with being at a stand promoting something, I know little else and was hoping for some information on pay rates, whether or not it was good work.
Sounds like booth babe and/or removalist, ie you stand around in a costume handing out flyers and smiling at people while they try to be funny repeating the same pick up line the last bunch used, if you're unlucky at the end you can pack up and help them move it all. Pay rates $8-25 an hour at a guess, depending on company and how kooky a costume.

Good luck anyway I know it can be hard finding good workplaces sometimes don't give up.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Do you think I care at all about your situation? Going to an interview for a job you have no idea about is stupid. It's as simple as that.
shes not making a career move, she just wants to support herself at uni which is not unusual, and it can be VERY difficult to find even casual work which will work around uni timetables, exams, and prac/internships. I've been in this position before and there isn't much I would have turned down, and if offered an interview I would have at least turned up to hear what they are offering. which is not weird in any way.

if you don't care, why are you investing time in reposting?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I agree, an interview doesn't have to be used solely to get a job, I quite often go to interviews and start off by asking for some more information about the position.

And there is no rule that says just cos you go to an interview doesn't mean you have to accept the job if they offer it.

HSC
Ok the interview went fine and the job seemed ok, nothing wrong with it at all.
However today I was offered an even better job at ezy dvd :)
Finally the job search is over!
So to everyone who replied to this thread who isn't a complete jerk, which is everyone bar one person, thanks for your help and support.
Yay!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol i love the plentitude of terms given to such jobs:
-promotional consultant (as I was called by a company)
-Events marketing
-Corporate representative
etc. marketers are good at marketing job titles :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)