• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"Everwood". (2 Viewers)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Has anyone seen Everwood? For some reason it has never aired in Australia but I am kind of interested in seeing it. It seems to get good reviews but a fair few people seem to compare it to "7th Heaven" which I absolutely hate. So any thoughts:)?

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Everwood's gonna be shown later this year. Or so that's the plan. Lets hope for your sake it doesn't end up like OTH :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Annegelic said:
Everwood's gonna be shown later this year. Or so that's the plan. Lets hope for your sake it doesn't end up like OTH :D
Oh, good. I will just wait then:).

Krangelus said:
ive seen it. Its really good.
Is it comparable to "7th Heaven":)?

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
compareable to seventh heaven? hrmm. I hate seventh heavan.. its a horrible show, but seventh heavan is all about a religious family and there trials and tribulations and there 7 kids because the parents dont believe in contraception.
But can we not compare 7th heavan to a show like The O.C. ? yes, they do have similar things because there both family drama's. Everwood is also a family drama.

The reason you wouldve heard it being compared to seventh heavan is on the WB everwood airs right after it.

The story begins when one of the brightest neurosurgeons in the worlds wife dies tragically in a car crash and the Doctor is forced to raise his 16 year old son & his 10 year old daughter that he barely knows. He knows he cant raise them and continue his career so he moves them to a small town called everwood where he sets up his own General Practice office much to the dismay of the other doctor in the town.

the 16 year old son falls in love with the other doctors daughter, and all sorts of lovey dovey stuff happens ;)

I guess its up to your personal taste if you will like it or not, but its a rather good.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
yeah, last year I heard heaps about this show, so I checked out the reviews on Television Without Pity and from what I read it sounds really good. But, that was so long ago, and I wanted to see it so bad back then that i'm kind of over it now! Hopefully, it will be screened later this year. The guy who plays Ephram (the lead boy character) seems hot.

persephone

HSC
i was searching the wb website when i was looking up other tv shows. i'd like to see it. probably similar to everything ese though

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Merethrond why are you so interested in these mystery themed programmes?

i mean do u watch them all the time or flip from one show to another?

You were into joan of arcadia before right? now that thats gone, are u looking forward to another 'feel good' programme? :)

Fry

Everwood is coming VERY soon to ch9 at 4pm. i guess that's an ok timeslot. it probably wouldn't survive in primetime.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
il pretend that made sense mr easy, because i have no idea what ur talking about. :) ;)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I watched it in America in Jan this year and thought it was really good.

It was an episode where Ephram and his gf are applying to colleges, figuring out what do with their lives, about the parental pressures and expectations, and trying to stay together when things were pulling them apart.

I thought they portrayed it in a somewhat realistic way. It's different to 7th Heaven in so many ways, the most important of which is they don't dumb down and preach about any of the issues. And MAN do I hate that annoying motor-mouth chick on 7th Heaven who got married to that cop dude.

I wonder if they'll start playing Jack and Bobby here soon, another good WB drama.

Oh, and finally - Boston Legal's coming soon! Woot.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
sorry but jack & bobby is really bad, as is the mountain. Most of the crap the wb is spewing out these days is really horrible.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mr EaZy said:
Merethrond why are you so interested in these mystery themed programmes?
Since when is Everwood a mystery:p?

mr EaZy said:
i mean do u watch them all the time or flip from one show to another?
I watch about five televisions shows a week. Some people watch a lot more:).

mr EaZy said:
You were into joan of arcadia before right? now that thats gone, are u looking forward to another 'feel good' programme? :)
I have downloaded the whole of season one of Joan of Arcadia and I don't really think it is a feel good show. I just like to watch good shows:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)