Evo vs STI (picture thread) (1 Viewer)

Evo or STI?

• Evo

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • STI

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I'm a bogan and don't vote for either.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought Holden vs Ford is too cliched so here comes the more important challenge. Feel free to add your own photos to this thread!

Evo's:

STI's:

ps. Has anyone Googled "STI". I almost forgot what it also stood for ROFL. URL: sti - Google Search (hint: look at pink suggested links at top)

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
9's are easily the best looking but if you're going to have a pissing contest you CANNOT go past the 22b

270bhp at 3200rpm and enough torque to crush a house
i mean come on
monstrous achievement for such a large turbo

HSC
dunno man evo vs sti is easily as common and cliche as holden vs ford (falcon vs commodore) imo

Edit : YES 22b o m g

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
There's a few 22B's around but it's always POA... found a good condition one in a lot on Parra Rd a few months back! Very rare indeed.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
had to google that
oh man
that is basically a supersports bike
pity none of the 400hp models are available here. only way to get that sort of performance is through tuning houses (although that being said 400hp is available at several tuning houses).

surprised me when mitsu announced the TMR editions of the X with the 247kW tune were available at dealerships.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
There's really not much advantage to the 400hp factory ones because they are still post productions modifications and have reduced warranties and much shorter service intervals, and cost more than if you did the mods yourself.
True but at least there is some kind of warranty. Even the mid-range tunes (i.e. 360hp) have factory warranties in the UK.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The Evo still looks good to me compared to the new STI (disregarding performance here):

But that being said despite the comparisons, after driving them I still think the Evo feels nicer.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I defected from STI to Evo ever since I saw the look of the new one.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
True but at least there is some kind of warranty. Even the mid-range tunes (i.e. 360hp) have factory warranties in the UK.
that's true but they are still reduced compared to the factory car. What I meant was you can't really be like "Oh in the UK you can get a factory 400hp Evo, STis suck", because it's still post production. No doubt you can take a stock STI to prodrive and have them make it a monster, too.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
that's true but they are still reduced compared to the factory car. What I meant was you can't really be like "Oh in the UK you can get a factory 400hp Evo, STis suck", because it's still post production. No doubt you can take a stock STI to prodrive and have them make it a monster, too.
STI still looks hideous though. You can't improve on that.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
9 looked so much better than the x
in the latest iteration i actually prefer the suby (for the first time since they released bugeyes)

only the hatchback though
nfi what they did to the sedan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)