exam and bus (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
hi umm i duno wats going with the buses n stuff from central to the exam location (my exam is on the 20th and i am coming from central station). do i wait at the normal spot and it wil take me to the exam location at the race course or do i have to take a special bus. i tried looking on the wbesite as well as the 131500 website but its al crap i cant find anything.
thanx

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Thanks for the redirection links sunny!

Hm, on second thoughts I might actually walk from uni to the racecourse. Do you basically walk towards those big racehorse stands that you see from Gate 2?

Also...when we finish the exam at the racecourse, do you guys just walk back up to 393 stand, or are there 400 stands near the racecourse :p hhaha I haven't been there yet xD Thanks!

elfm

HSC
there's bus stops outside the racecourse that go to central.

buses that go past the racecourse don't stop at the racecourse, so be mindful that you'll have to walk for a bit (few mins) to get to the racecourse. you'll know when to get off when half the bus empties.

bring loads of warm clothing. it gets awfully windy around some areas of the racecourse (in case you get there early and try to find some place to study), and the exam rooms are generally pretty cold too.

Rekkusu

HSC
Ah ok, thanks dude. XD I just cannot picture myself walking from the racecourse back to the 393 stop at like 5pm after an exam.

Btw, would you know the 'walking time' required to get from unsw say gate 2 to the race course?

G

Gavvvvvin

can you just walk through that gate on high street near where the bus stops?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
You should be able to, if the tunnel is open. I don't see why they'd forbid us to use the tunnel if we're using all their other facilities.

Rekkusu

HSC
Hm, so we can't walk through that gate near UNSW's gate 2? Ouch...so it looks like we're going to have to walk off from gate 2 onto anzac parade...and walk to the stands?

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Hm, so we can't walk through that gate near UNSW's gate 2? Ouch...so it looks like we're going to have to walk off from gate 2 onto anzac parade...and walk to the stands?
Are you coming from central?

There are special buses, as well as the 339, 372, 374, 376 from stand C
You want to get off at the end of that bus lane around the park, from there you just cross at the lights and you're there.

Going home, either go back to the bus lane (which will get you buses to town hall or near town hall) or the stop right outside the racecourse exit on Alison Rd.

It's easier than you think, you'll probably end up like three hours early cos of all the extra time you allocated for getting there.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Bah, it's all a joke anyway. Why can they not split us up into tut/lab classes and hold them where we have those classes? This is an outrage!

Luckily, I only have one exam at Randwick, and it's something like R4 Randwick room or some absurd name. I have no idea where that is.

elfm

HSC
yeah you're allowed to go to the toilet during the exam but they usually wont let you go when the exam has just started, i.e. you'd probably have to wait like 15 mins or something into the exam

splitting everyone into their tutes to do their tests would mean more examiners need to be hired = $$ which unsw doesn't like to spend

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
When you go to the toilet, remember your seat number as you have to note it down on their log. Don't get a mind block otherwise you'll just waste time going back to your seat to note it down :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)