Exam Bitching (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
babydoll_ said:
you've done genetics??? give me more :/
lol no i havent i have the exam today, and not very confident still havent gone over mutations and inheritence so lucky its mc with short answers

3 hrs to go...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Me finished now. Hooray. Wishes babydoll and routemarker luck ...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
routemarker said:
lol no i havent i have the exam today, and not very confident still havent gone over mutations and inheritence so lucky its mc with short answers

3 hrs to go...
rofl im at the uni library right now, i give up, genetics is driving me fucking nuts

shame i dont know who you are, else i could be like HI ROUTEMARKER in the exam, but if you see a chick in a 'where's wally' shirt, its me :D

im worried though; whenever i have a BEES exam they always pull some crazy random shit out for the exam

thanks mclake

ill be freee in 4 hrs!!! freeeee as a bird!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
FINALLY FINISHED....

unless i get sent to summer school for failing chem, which is possible

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
i don't think you'll fail chem nancy. 40% are free marks already. you juuust need to get another 20 or so in the exam. hehehe

routemarker

HSC
babydoll_ said:
FINALLY FINISHED....

unless i get sent to summer school for failing chem, which is possible
if youre concerned bout how you went email duffy and beg him to let you take the supplementary exam, heck worked for me lol

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
dont worry, everyone on this board apparantly fails. you should all be used to it by now.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
did you ask for the supplementary exam after you found out you failed?

routemarker

HSC
Survivor39 said:
did you ask for the supplementary exam after you found out you failed?
things like that you just know lol and it is the exact same test you did in the exam period. Duffy is very easy going i failed higher chem and he gave me a pass in fundamentals so i was fine with that, better than an overall fail.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
routemarker said:
things like that you just know lol and it is the exact same test you did in the exam period. Duffy is very easy going i failed higher chem and he gave me a pass in fundamentals so i was fine with that, better than an overall fail.
Duffy freak me out man.... >.<
hmmm...did you have to do the supplementary to get a Pass in Fundamental or did you just drop down from Higher and he gave you one?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
hey routemarker howd you go in genetics man?

it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be but i still fucked it up heh

routemarker

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Duffy freak me out man.... >.<
hmmm...did you have to do the supplementary to get a Pass in Fundamental or did you just drop down from Higher and he gave you one?
Drop down he just gave me that pass, aslo same for Math 1a failed that and asked for a pass in general maths. Very screwed up session it was.

babydoll_ said:
hey routemarker howd you go in genetics man?

it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be but i still fucked it up heh
hmm im uneasy about the multiple choice, most of the calculations panned out ok, others were just educational guesses.

I liked the last short answer question, basically all based on opinion. I think i screwed up that inference question, i just basically infered that temperature affects the height of the plant in proportion to its normal height ranges. After i left it just hit me that maybe i needed to try to determine the genotypes of the plants.

oh well its all over, now to relax and watch the stack of csi/cold case eps i have lying around.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
can someone tell me what's the difference between advanced genetics and genetics? What have you heard from people? Is the assessment/exam harder? i understand both are doing the same lecture stuff, but one extra hour of lab, and that's all i know. Thanks!

routemarker

HSC
Survivor39 said:
can someone tell me what's the difference between advanced genetics and genetics? What have you heard from people? Is the assessment/exam harder? i understand both are doing the same lecture stuff, but one extra hour of lab, and that's all i know. Thanks!
not sure how much the adv component is worth it, they do get a seperate exam and instead of a genetcs talk they must hand in a scientific report on the drosophilla crosses practical.

three hours of genetics lab is a ton, one more would be overkill!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
*shrugs* a report instead of a talk...that sounds so much more work :(
and 4 hour lab does sound overkilled....

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Most of the time our labs finished early anyhoo.

The talk wasn't that bad; and reports aren't bad either..

saves.the.day

HSC
whoa.. nancy. that cartoon pic of you in your avatar looks unbelievabley like you. And your signature wheres wally shirt is there too. How'd you get that done as a cartoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)