мιтэuι
HSC
^

actually, a surprisingly number of people do not get tuition

*hands up*

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Some questions about you and past papers..
Do you do all of the questions in the one go in under 3 hours in exam conditions?
Don't you get bored doing the "same" questions over and over again?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Sparcod said:
Do you do all of the questions in the one go in under 3 hours in exam conditions?
I usually put myself under exam conditions for more experience and improve my technique.

They almost never use the exact same question from previous past papers. I especially don't find myself redoing a Q8. :p

vafa

HSC
N/A
I guess it cosists of basics+mathematics ability+understanding the question

bboyelement

HSC
i hope its circle geometry or harder complex with polynomials ... but i bet its gonna be random ... vafa may i ask how long does it usually take you to reach question 7 or 8 ...

vafa

HSC
N/A
If I understand the question easily, it take me about 3-5 minutes to do each part of questions 7 and 8 and if i do not, I need to reread the question to see what I need to do and it obviously takes longer.

When i am saying understanding the question is not related to maths. it is English because my english is no good and sometime there are some word in the question that I dont know their definitions so i need to look at the question and guess what it is asking. Yeah my job is much harder. you guys have grown up with english and you just need maths, but more than maths, english challenges me in the exams.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Vafa: I'm sure you're going to kill it. Probably top 10? Or even #1! :p

vafa

HSC
N/A
Thanks, I am sure you will achieve that too. I am actually not aiming for that but I would like to try as hard as I can. Because The mark of this exam and maths extension1 exam play the main role in my UAI as my English is so weak. I am counting on this and next exam. But maths is basically not hard. maths=understand the basics+apply your logic+ask yourself constantly am i doing the right thing?

Last edited:

3li

HSC
N/A
averaging low 100s... under 3hr conditions... done from 90-05

its probably the only subject im not screwed for

H

housemouse

I wish was in the same position. Probably my best mark would be 84/120 raw on the 99 paper. And the rest is just passes or a bit over pass

P

pLuvia

Sparcod said:
I sometimes do the ones that are necessary, like the easy ones I leave out and do the harder ones. I'm going to try for first 2 hours question 1-6 and last hour for 7 and 8. Only in trials do I see repeated questions so I don't bother doing them again, and once or twice I saw a HSC question repeated in another HSC test with just different values, obviously not the integration questions. I think like conics or something

Last edited by a moderator:

robmeister

Superrob
HSC
Hey guys just a qucik question, you know how some of you seem to do heaps of papers? where do you get the solutions from? like i dont see the point for doing papers without solutions, i have solutions for only like 2003 to this year.

hsc=suicide

HSC
robmeister said:
Hey guys just a qucik question, you know how some of you seem to do heaps of papers? where do you get the solutions from? like i dont see the point for doing papers without solutions, i have solutions for only like 2003 to this year.
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! quick go to the store and get the maths teachers ascociation past papers book, it has the past 10 years of papers and solutions!!! holy crap!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)