Exam Results: Semester 1, 2005. (2 Viewers)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Hehe no probs Scarecrow :)

U'll never kno when learning abt the Basques will come in handy :rolleyes:

X

xeuyrawp

televators said:
Mus 100- HD (wonders if i came first...)
Did you lose any marks on any assesments? I lost 1 mark on the assesments, and then like 3 on the exam, and came first, but my score didn't get bumped up to 100.

X

xeuyrawp

flyin' said:
whoever said the person who comes 1st gets 100?

in done some units ive done (not just ACST ones), where the person who comes first doesnt even get over 90 (at least 3 units ive done so far... knowing the person who came first and their mark).
That's what I said to Cyan. Humanities units must be far more forgiving than your comm/acct/acst ones. Heeheee :D

X

xeuyrawp

flyin' said:
i was always under the impression it was the other way around. cos apparently humanities lecturers stick very closely to distribution of grades guidelines which i think is stricter than many efs subjects. but theyre lenient in first year so watch out. ;) they expect more in 2nd and subsequent years.
Hmm, interesting. I'm watching out !!! ;D

philly17

Did you lose any marks on any assesments? I lost 1 mark on the assesments, and then like 3 on the exam, and came first, but my score didn't get bumped up to 100.-
he didnt get 100 he got 88. pwar did u come first in hist 112?

X

xeuyrawp

Philomena_86 said:
he didnt get 100 he got 88. pwar did u come first in hist 112?
I think I came second, although I got the same marks as Therese, who came first. It was lame because she got to speak at the conference, because her essay beat mine, only because "her response was personal". Remembering she is a 35 year old Irish lady who grew up with the bombs of Dublin next door. How could mine compare? Outrage. :(

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
asian guy, glasses (maybe contacts now)... used to go to nth sydney boys?
Complete tangent here, but since you mention North Sydney Boys, I think it was a mistake that they didn't enter a team in first grade rugby this year. Cos they'll risk turning into a laughing stock in the NWMet, the same way 'High' is in GPS...

I hear they're freakishly good at Lawn Bowls though.. *shrugs*

Okay, tangent over.

RIZAL

HSC
ND said:
HD in 200! That's fucking awesome dude! Congrats man. Did you hear from mac?
hey sorry about the late reply, IT services are severely limited in the northern territory, let alone in aboriginal communities.

got interview with the bank in early august. u get an offer? sweet if we are both working there this summer. mac bank owns!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
GoodToGo said:
Complete tangent here, but since you mention North Sydney Boys, I think it was a mistake that they didn't enter a team in first grade rugby this year. Cos they'll risk turning into a laughing stock in the NWMet, the same way 'High' is in GPS...

I hear they're freakishly good at Lawn Bowls though.. *shrugs*

Okay, tangent over.
hahah did you go to nth sydney boys?
and why didnt they enter? what league are nth sydney boys in? not gps right?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
btw has anyone got that piece of paper which says you exam results? wtf is wrong with mq this year? no invoice no exam results... and i asked them to resend the invoice it still hasnt arrived

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
yellowbrick said:
They said from this year onwards they WONT send any "paper based results" to your home. The only way to see your results is via online
your kidding... what is this cost cutting as well?

fornstar" i was referring to using it as my records... as its printed on mq paper... otherwise you could easily just fake your results

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
fornstar" i was referring to using it as my records... as its printed on mq paper... otherwise you could easily just fake your results
my bad! LOL

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
hahah did you go to nth sydney boys?
and why didnt they enter? what league are nth sydney boys in? not gps right?
No I went to Epping Boys, who are in the NorthWestMet comp along with Nth Sydney, Randwick, Homebush, Normanhurst and other public boys schools.

Nth Syd didn't enter for the same reason Syd 'High don't enter a First XV for GPS Rugby...they're just crapper at it. They'd get smashed, physically and in the scoreline. So instead of entering a team in first grade, Nth Sydney just put their first XV in the second grade and last I checked they were narrowly leading the comp.

GPS is a group of old elite private boys schools. They don't just compete with each other in rugby, but also rowing, fencing, debating, rifle shooting, whatever. The schools are Kings, Joeys, Grammar, Shore, Riverview, Scots, Newington...and a few others. Sydney Boys High are curiously thrown into that mix.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
yellowbrick said:
they said that if you want paper based results, you have to purchase a transcript at the uni = more money to them (they have to make more money someway since they didn't increase hecs!)
thats fucking stupid, im not gonna purchase transcripts after each semester... ill just get it after i graduate else its a waste of money...

and i think our fees did go up... think by like 50 bucks... guess its better than 25%

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
GoodToGo said:
No I went to Epping Boys, who are in the NorthWestMet comp along with Nth Sydney, Randwick, Homebush, Normanhurst and other public boys schools.

Nth Syd didn't enter for the same reason Syd 'High don't enter a First XV for GPS Rugby...they're just crapper at it. They'd get smashed, physically and in the scoreline. So instead of entering a team in first grade, Nth Sydney just put their first XV in the second grade and last I checked they were narrowly leading the comp.

GPS is a group of old elite private boys schools. They don't just compete with each other in rugby, but also rowing, fencing, debating, rifle shooting, whatever. The schools are Kings, Joeys, Grammar, Shore, Riverview, Scots, Newington...and a few others. Sydney Boys High are curiously thrown into that mix.
yeh sydney boys, not sure how they got into gps but isnt that just cuz its half selective and half scholarship to sporting people? which is why they get mixed results?
yeh i know what gps is, whats the one below it? my school were never good enough for gpa, i think we were in cis? (is that what its calleD?) then again we werent exactly the best at sports...

The_Adonis

HSC
Haha union...

Epping Boys 31
James Ruse 0
First Round of Waratah Shield 2003

That was a depressing and painful encounter

RIZAL

HSC
flyin' said:
whoever said the person who comes 1st gets 100?

in done some units ive done (not just ACST ones), where the person who comes first doesnt even get over 90 (at least 3 units ive done so far... knowing the person who came first and their mark).

interesting....

flyin do you reckon I would be out of my league to hope that 86 would make it to the bottom of the actuarial merit list for 200?

i always assumed that allpeople who get on the merit list were getting over 90s but i'm probably wrong.....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they don't send out the marks anymore - is there anywhere i can print my marks for this semester (in the format they used to use when they sent them to us)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)