• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

exam stuff up need help (1 Viewer)

J2good4u

HSC
N/A
hi, i recently sat for a 3unit maths exam where there were two questions one was written down worng and the other was a four unit integral. I answered the 4unit integral correctly and spent like 10mins on the error question. during the exam students told the teachers that they looked like errors yet the teacher said it was right. they took out these questions which i spent 20mins all up and i didnt get any marks where even others didnt bother answering them. I presented my case to the maths coordinator and then the principal and they said they can do nothing. should i go to the board of studies to appeal for the marks i deserve, any suggestions

deswa1

HSC
Yes, you should complain to someone. I don't know if the BOS is the right place (maybe somebody else can confirm/deny) but I would definitely get your parents to talk to the school. You might also want to ask the school if you can sit a new exam and see how you go in that.

J2good4u

HSC
N/A
yeh i went with my parents to the principal and was told there was nothing they could do which is ridiculous

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Post the question, if you are still hesitant that it is wrong. But normally you should skip a question that takes longer than normal and acquire marks elsewhere.

deswa1

HSC
Post the question, if you are still hesitant that it is wrong. But normally you should skip a question that takes longer than normal and acquire marks elsewhere.
Yeah this. Why would you spend 10 minutes on a question if you haven't finished the paper?

J2good4u

HSC
N/A
i finished the whole exam so i can do without accusations, the integral was integral [3/(1-49x^2) and i need it to come first as im only behind 1 mark

J2good4u

HSC
N/A
no that question above was right but they got rid of as they said it wasnt 3unit despite getting it right, the question which was wrong is it asked to for the inverse rather than differentiating

nightweaver066

HSC
i finished the whole exam so i can do without accusations, the integral was integral [3/(1-49x^2) and i need it to come first as im only behind 1 mark
Not 1 + 49x^2? If so, that is indeed 4U unless there was a previous part to prove that it could exist as two individual fractions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)